The African Network for the Prevention and Protection against Child Abuse and Neglect (ANPPCAN) Uganda Chapter is a national child focused organization working to protect and promote the rights of children with particular focus on preventing and redressing violations of children's rights.
ANPPCAN Uganda Chapter seeks to recruit competent dynamic and creative individuals to join her team of passionate child advocacy professionals in the following positions;
Position Description: Legal Assistant
Reports to: Programme Officer, Arua District Branch Office
No. of vacancies: 2
Duty Stations: (1) Arua District and (1) Kasese District
* Receiving and handling cases of child rights violations through the provision of legal guidance, legal follow up and representation within the justice system,
* Ensuring appropriate and effective referral of abused children for other support services as may be required.
* Undertaking community education and awareness activities on child rights issues.
* Build the capacity of duty bearers in the provision of legal services for abused children * Engaging with key actors and duty bearers at community and district level in order to ensure an effective and child friendly support system for abused children.
* Participating in the development and implementation of programmes and other practical measurements for the protection of children from abuse, neglect and exploitation.-through community mobilization ,awareness and education on the rights of children at district and community level as well as follow up and provision of services to abused children.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Law from a recognized institution with a practicing certificate that is admissible in the High Court of Uganda.
* At least one year's experience in the provision of Legal Aid services either as a volunteer or regular staff in a professional setting.
* A sound understanding of the legal, policy and institutional I framework for the protection of children's rights in Uganda is a must.
*Psycho-social competencies are advantageous
*Willing and able to work well at a community level in a rural environment. Ability to function well as part of a muliti-disciplinary team Dynamic, hard working, result oriented and able to work with minimum supervision
*Must be fluent in Lugbara (Arua), Lukonzo and or Rutoro (Kasese)
* Age range of 23 -35 years. Ladies are particularly encouraged to apply
How to apply
How to apply; For more information about the job descriptions for all the above I positions, please visit our website www.anppcanug.org. Interested candidates should fill in and submit a Vacancy Application Form which is available on the website to email address email@example.com. Copies of the application form can also be requested for via the above email address.
Closing date: Monday 21st of March, 2011 at 5:00 p,m, listed candidates will be contacted
DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS AND ADMINISTRATION - DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS AND ADMINISTRATION Deadline: 1 July 2013 Location: Kampala, Uganda Duration of contract: One year, renewable BACKGROUND The East and Hor...
10 hours ago