|Title:||Finance & Procurement Analyst|
|Job Stream:||Financial Sector|
|Location:||Sao Paulo, Brazil|
|Background / General description:|
|International Finance Corporation (IFC), member of the World Bank Group, fosters sustainable economic growth in developing countries by financing private sector investment, mobilizing private capital in local and international financial markets and the provision of mitigation risk and advisory companies and governments. The IFC is expanding its Investment Operations (IS) and Advisory Services (AS) in the Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) region, increasing its focus to smaller countries, especially IDA and middle-income countries in the region to reach underserved people at the bottom of the economic pyramid. Role: IFC Advisory Services Program in LAC is seeking to hire a Finance & Procurement Analyst to work based in its country office in Sao Paulo, Brazil. The position is expected to perform the duties and responsibilities listed below at the Regional (for both IS and AS businesses), Advisory Services Business Lines Programs, and Advisory project levels. The position will report and team up with the Budget & Program Officer in Brazil and the Procurement Officer in Peru to effectively assist the Regional Financial Controller and the Regional Department Director in formulation and management of the budget, work program, internal controls, reporting, and procurement as they relate to administrative and operational activities in the Region. He/she will be entrusted with sensitive and confidential information and will be relied upon for his/her experience and sound judgment. He/she will work closely with the Finance Assistants/Analysts in the region to ensure that all World Bank Group finance/accounting processes and procedures and reporting requirements are complied with.|
|Duties and Accountabilities:|
| The responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following: FINANCE: Provide support/assist to the Regional Financial Controller (RFC), Budget Officer, and Finance Officer with the following:|
• Consolidation and integration of the Finance and Procurement functions in LAC.
• Provide support in the consolidation of the Financial & Budgeting information to provide Investment Operations (IS) and Advisory Services (AS) Management with real-time and accurate information to monitor expenditures, budget execution, and funding status in order to improve operational efficiencies, accountability, and transparency.
• Provide support in the standardization of financial policies, procedures, best practices, and reporting initiatives as they relate to the investment and advisory operations in the region to identify opportunities for improvement, risk control and mitigation, and further operational synergies of the F&P team.
• Implement a process for monitoring, controlling and highlighting project costs, including the review of proper allocation of staff cost to the corresponding cost objects.
• Provide overall management and accounting for Trust Funds, monitoring use of its funding for cash flow and budget availability; analyzing budget variances, to ensure timely replenishment of funding.
• Review regional expenses for accuracy, proper approval, and identification of expense category, and ensuring correction of any errors or discrepancies.
• Backing-up the Budget Officer in SAP system regarding expense repostings to the appropriate funds or cost centers.
• Deep Expense Analysis in order to find and propose possible savings within the IS Administrative Budget.
• Monitor Fees charges through TRS and Travel system, making sure they are posted correctly and reposting the incorrect ones to the appropriate Fee funding.
• Provide support to the RFC in the preparation of the LAC Regional Profitability reports in coordination with the LAC strategy team and the CFABP team. PROCUREMENT: Provide support/assist to the Regional Financial Controller, Budget Officer, and Procurement Officer with the following:
• Procurement Planning: Development of Operational and Administrative procurement plans; support the implementation of the approved annual strategy plan, and the measurement of performance and results; keep abreast of new /revised WB/IFC procurement policies/procedures/guidelines and ensure they are communicated and implemented across the countries assigned.
• Procurement Selection Process: In liaison with the Procurement Officer, provide advice to staff on procurement policies and best practice throughout the selection and contract management process to ensure all procurement requirements are met. Assist staff in identifying potential conflict of interests.
• Training and Sharing Knowledge: Liaise with Procurement Officer in the development of procurement training programs on relevant selection process and contract management issues.
• Monitoring Compliance and Reporting: Bring issues of non-compliance to the attention of the Procurement Officer. Assist on the development of a plan to correct identified non-compliance issues and perform quality assurance checks.
• In coordination with the Procurement Focal Point identify operational gaps in IFC contract management procedures and recommend improvements. Support the Regional Controller in BPI and Internal control initiatives related to Operational Procurement.
• Masters degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Administration, Economics or related specialty with at least 3 years of IFRS/USGAAP accounting, and at least 2 years of procurement experience in corporate setting.
• Sound knowledge and understanding of accounting theory, concepts and principles, financial accounting reporting, budgeting, cost allocation
• Proven practical skills in SAP applications: GL, AP/AR, Procurement, journal entries, account reconciliations, budgeting, analysis of financial data, preparation of financial reports
• Advanced skills in Excel and Access, working knowledge of Microsoft office, Internet, Lotus Notes applications
• Experience and knowledge of relevant World Bank and IFC approaches;
• Ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidentially, articulate issues and recommend solutions, both in English and in Portuguese• Demonstrated capacity to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
• Ability and willingness to perform task management with limited supervision.
• Ability to deal flexibly with multiple, changing demands. Desired:
• Recognized professional accreditation (CPA, CIMA, ACCA, etc.) an added advantage
• Strong conceptual, analytical and evaluation skills
• Ability to analyze and synthesize information, interpret data, retrieve information and clearly and concisely summarize results
• Prior experience in ERP applications (SAP) a significant advantage
• Superb accuracy and attention to detail
• Understanding and consistent ability to apply public or private sector procurement policies and procedures
• Knowledge of Donor Funded Operations and/or WBG policies an added advantage As a representative of the World Bank Group, all professional activities are expected to be consistent with our Core Values: personal honesty, integrity, commitment, working together in teams -with openness and trust; empowering others and respecting differences; encouraging risk-taking and responsibility; enjoying our work and our families. Details (vacancy #112592) are available in the World Bank Careers website: www.ifc.org, click on ‘Careers’ and then on ‘Current opportunities. Applications should be sent in English. All applications must be submitted through this website. The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Cover letter should clearly describe the relevant results the candidate has delivered in prior positions, rather than simply listing responsibilities. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The contract for this position has an initial duration of 2 years (renewable), with a one-year probation period and subject to be renewed. This is local hire (paid in local currency). The appointee will be stationed in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Closing date is [January 5th, 2012].
UN WOMEN: COORDINATION AND PLANNING SPECIALIST (READVERTISEMENT) - The UN Women (UNW), grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination agains...
1 day ago