AeroSpace and Defence Industries Association of Europe
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Air Transport & Services Manager is responsible for managing the activities of the ASD Services Commission and its reporting groups, coordinating the resulting work streams and ensuring that the necessary interfaces both within and outside ASD are developed and maintained.
The Air Transport & Services Manager reports to the Services Director.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND OBJECTIVES WITHIN ASD’S WORKING BODIES
The Air Transport & Services Manager is responsible for the preparation and follow up of meetings of the Services Commission and its reporting groups. He will exercise his experience and judgment in helping to guide the various work programs, in recognizing the opportunities to develop particular subject areas and to develop and streamline activities using the ASD interfaces with other organizations/disciplines where relevant (such as on Standards and Regulations). The Air Transport & Services Manager will:
- Interface with the rest of the ASD Commissions in order to achieve the transversal objective of the Services Commission;
- Maintain the Terms of Reference of the reporting groups, ensuring their compliance with ASD Rules of Procedure and facilitating its process of endorsement;
- Ensure that membership of the reporting groups is in accordance with ASD Rules of Procedure and well balanced to represent ASD members;
- Liaise in close coordination with the relevant Chairs of Commission/Committees/SGs and the Services Director for the final documents, actions and decisions to be delivered, proposed and approved;
- Ensure the coordination, delegation and escalation of proposals and initiatives in accordance with the ASD Rules of Procedure;
- Ensure the quality of the documentation generated, presented, distributed and allocated for the review and consultation of the ASD members;
- Coordinate with the legal advisor on any binding actions or documents (agreements, trademarks, etc.) generated by the Services Commission and its reporting groups and their coordination to final signature by the Secretary General.
The Air Transport & Services Manager works closely with the Assistant Air Transport Manager.
The Air Transport & Services manager will have held a managerial position within a European aerospace company, should be familiar with the aerospace industry on a European and global level, have experience within the international aerospace industry, have worked in several areas of the aerospace sector and will be able to deal with legal, technical, regulatory, policy and communication matters. Capability to speak and write English, be familiar with the required software in order to prepare meetings, communications, papers, etc. The Air Transport & Services manager will work positively in the consensus-oriented environment of a European Association.
For more information please contact Herman Vandenbranden - Herman.Vandenbranden@asd-europe.org.