Under the supervision of the Team Leader of the Desktop@IMF team, the Information Technology Officer will manage the analysis, architecture, design, development, testing, and maintenance activities for multiple web projects in the Desktop@IMF Team. These activities will be performed in close consultation with the business users from multiple departments, application development teams from multiple divisions, Information Security, Change Management, IT Helpdesk and the Infrastructure teams.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Leverage experience with the latest web technologies and tools to adapt, build and enhance the applications and components to support the Fund's business objectives.
- Lead the Enterprise applications development activities, which include several SharePoint based portals, web parts, collaboration tools and applications.
- Communicate with departments about new functionality provided by the Desktop@IMF suite of tools, and help with fund-wide user adoption.
- Work with the Information architects, suggesting changes to make improvements to departmental information management practices and encouraging best practices.
- Participate in requirements and planning discussions in order to provide an assessment of how to build on the architecture of the web applications to support the business objectives.
- Manage the team resources and provide input to resource planning for the budget submissions and follow-on project planning, execution, tracking and reporting.
- Oversee the capital development initiatives to enhance and modernize the web platforms. Help the team develop requirements, architecture, design, and the solution in adherence to the IMF Security, Enterprise Architecture, SDLC, Agile, SCRUM, Change Management, Quality assurance, Support, Training and Web application development guidelines.
- Meet regularly with the management and the business users to provide status updates and get input on the strategy and direction moving forward.
- Work closely with on-site/off-site personnel, DBAs, application developers and Infrastructure teams to address critical issues in a timely manner. Make sure that the offshore team delivers on the maintenance, operations and minor enhancements deliverables on time for global sourced applications.
- Participate in discussions with other project managers and the team leader to ensure integration with other web application initiatives. Get buy-in from security, infrastructure teams and enterprise architecture board on major architecture changes through detailed and persuasive presentations.
- Familiarity with a broad range of technologies supplemented by in-depth knowledge in specific areas of relevance
- Ability to quickly grasp how new technologies work and how they might be applied to achieve business goals
- Analytical skills that enable synthesis of inputs from many sources, and allow for strategic thinking and tactical implementation
- Interpersonal skills that create openness and trust among colleagues
- Facilitation and conflict management skills that enable effective working relationships
- Spoken and written communications that are compelling, convincing and re-assuring and skills to articulate complex technical ideas to non-technical stakeholders.
- Identifying, documenting and analyzing opportunities to improve business processes, and facilitating business unit adoption of new processes
- Developing business architecture and designs. Developing and implementing complex web and workflow applications using latest tools and technologies.
- Coordinate the work of outsourced service providers
- Selecting, developing and implementing technology tools and applications for complex financial and accounting systems - required experience with Web technologies (SharePoint, .Net, XML, Web 2.0,), Collaboration, Workflow and COTS packages.