GOPA-Cartermill is currently looking for a new team member / independent expert to support a Programme management unit in charge of organising calls for proposals and monitoring of granted projects, in the sector of science, technology and innovation.
Qualifications and skills
- Written and oral fluency in French and an excellent working language capacity in English is a requirement. Knowledge of Portuguese would be an asset
- Relevant university degree
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Skilled in budget planning and monitoring analysis and the use of management information systems
- Good computer skills: experience in using major MS Office packages and willingness to learn other professional business software
- Proven high quality in drafting analytical and informative documents
General professional experience
- Minimum ten years’ experience of which at least five with development issues and posting(s) in ACP countries
- Familiarity with EU external assistance programme procedures, financial reporting and control
- Experience of international cooperation programmes and/or working with international companies
- Specific professional experience
- Solid experience in financial and contractual EDF regulations and procedures will be an advantage
- Experience in supervising and co-ordinating all technical aspects of a contract and calls for proposals in particular
- Full familiarity with EU programmes - including small projects - and requirements under the integrated approach to project cycle management
- Experience of being part of or leading a Project Management Units under the EC funded projects or other international organizations
- Ability to develop the contents of programme website as well as supporting in communications activities (management of on-line communities, newsletters, …)
- Experience in organising large events
The position is for a two-year assignment, based in Brussels.
Interested? Please send your CV, with covering letter, to email@example.com, clearly marked "Admin and Communications".
Click here for more informations about this position.