Since 1963 and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 97 projects in 41 countries and revenues of $140 million.
Access to Finance Component Leader, Jordan
We are currently seeking Access to Finance Component Leader candidates for an upcoming five-year USAID-funded project in Amman, Jordan, focused on building industry competitiveness, improving the business policy environment, developing the workforce, and improving access to finance for the ICT, biotech, and clean-technology sectors. The position is contingent upon ACDI/VOCA being awarded the program.
- Support increased access to debt financing for medium-term lending and working capital.
- Work with local and international development partners to assist banks in better serving the needs of SMEs and start-ups, establishing a niche that is focused on serving the project’s target clusters.
- Provide technical and grant assistance to strengthen local capital funds in the project’s targeted sectors.
- Establish local networks that will coordinate with cluster members to provide a flow of ideas that potentially results in investments.
- Support increased capacity of start-ups and SMEs to produce the financial documents and business plans required to attract increased lending and equity investments.
- Assist with the start-up and implementation of a local credit bureau.
- Master’s degree or higher in respective technical or business/financial fields and at least eight years of relevant experience; or a bachelor’s degree in related technical field with 10 years of experience.
- Relevant experience must be in providing leadership and managing highly complex technical or financial interventions related to their field of expertise.
- Experience relevant to cross-cutting program issues, including gender, youth and mitigation of geographically oriented wealth disparities.
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills.
- Excellent English is required and Arabic is desirable.
- Lars Volz
Please apply online at http://acdivoca.maxhire.net/cp/?E55464361D43515B7E59192F77561C6B0062774B. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.