ABOUT MSCI Inc.
MSCI Inc. is a leading provider of investment decision support tools to investors globally, including asset managers, banks, hedge funds and pension funds. MSCI products and services include indices, portfolio risk and performance analytics, and governance tools.
The company’s flagship product offerings are: the MSCI indices which include over 120,000 daily indices covering more than 70 countries; Barra portfolio risk and performance analytics covering global equity and fixed income markets; RiskMetrics market and credit risk analytics; ISS out-sourced proxy research, voting and vote reporting services; CFRA forensic accounting risk research, legal/regulatory risk assessment, and due-diligence; and FEA valuation models and risk management software for the energy and commodities markets. MSCI is headquartered in New York, with research and commercial offices around the world.
Out of its ISS offices in Brussels, the Research Team covers all Continental European countries.
- Analyze corporate governance and financial information to write research reports on Belgian and Dutch publicly traded companies
- Issue proxy vote recommendations for shareholder meetings of the portfolio of companies in your markets
- Develop market expertise in corporate governance, investment and shareholder issues
- Assist in engagement with companies, institutional investors, and various organizations and government/regulatory/listing authorities
- Participate and conduct research to help policy formulation and update efforts
- Update market guidelines and intelligence reports
- Answer internal/external client/issuer queries on research reports
- Write quarterly reports and periodic articles for publication for respective market(s)
- Collaborate with other analysts on research and articles
- Participate in various working committees and/or projects
- Working on the rating products
- Strong analytical ability and financial understanding of investment issues
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in French and Dutch and have a good working knowledge of English
- Work independently and take initiatives but also are a team player, able to cooperate with the other team members
- Good eye for detail
- Organized and structured mind to deal with large quantities of work and strict deadlines
- Masters degree in Law and/or Finance, Economics or equivalent through experience
- Preferably 1 to 3 years of experience in corporate governance/investment analysis/ research
- Basic understanding of finance and capital markets
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more details please click here.