MEDA invites applications for a Field Project Manager, Cambodia to be placed on an upcoming RFP from CIDA. MEDA (Mennonite Economic Development Associates) is an association of compassionate business women and men who invest in people living in poverty around the world so they can unleash their potential to earn a livelihood to provide for their families and enrich their communities. To find out more about MEDA, please visit our web site at www.meda.org.
Field Project Manager- Cambodia (donor funding not yet secured)
As leader of the project team, the Field Project Manager (FPM) would be responsible for the overall success of MEDA’s Agriculture Value Chain Enhancement in Cambodia (AVEC) project, a three year initiative which aims to strengthen fruit and vegetable value chains in selected regions of Cambodia in order to benefit small holder farmers. The Field Project Manager will coordinate and provide in-country management for all of the project’s activities including (but not limited to) project set-up and implementation, logistics coordination, financial planning and monitoring; staff recruitment, training and monitoring, and liaison with partners and other stakeholders in the project, including the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF). This position will be based in Cambodia and will report directly to the MEDA Project Manager/ Senior Consultant in North America. Anticipated start date is early 2012.
· Minimum of seven years demonstrated international experience (preferably in Cambodia) in project management including: staff management, budgeting, report-writing, monitoring and evaluation and capacity development.
· Post-graduate education in a related discipline: business, marketing, economic development, etc.
· Demonstrated experience in enterprise development and marketing of small businesses, preferably in the agriculture sector, with an understanding of sustainable private sector and value chain methodologies.
· Creative, entrepreneurial and resourceful approach to developing and implementing innovative solutions.
· Ability to work with government entities, mobilize partners and facilitate alliances.
· Good understanding and appreciation of gender equality and environmental issues.
· Proven and adaptable interpersonal and cross cultural communication skills. Ability to professionally and
effectively communicate with individuals at various levels.
· Excellent leadership skills with particular skills to work as a catalyst and facilitator.
· Fluency in English and Khmer – spoken and written.
· Appreciation and support of MEDA’s faith, values, mission and purpose.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com