- Position title: Driver - Zimbabwe Country Office (ZWFO)
- Grade: GS3
- Position N°: NA
- Reference: ADB/12/190
- Publication date: 25/07/2012
- Closing date: 11/08/2012
The African Development Bank’s Field Office in Zimbabwe (ZWFO) was established to strengthen dialogue between the Bank and the Republic of Zimbabwe. This dialogue is expected to enhance and foster the design of the Bank’s development policies and programs. ZWFO seeks to assist and facilitate the execution of the core operational functions of the Bank Group in identifying, preparing, appraising and implementing projects and programs in Zimbabwe, and follow-up with a view to enhancing portfolio quality, promotion of participatory approaches, alignment with country and regional priorities and enhancing development impact.
The Bank invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of Driver, to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe. This is a local position which does not attract international terms and conditions. Only Zimbabwe nationals or applicants who already have the right to live and work in the country will be considered for this position. The Bank does not support applications for work permits and relocation.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Resident Representative and the Administrative Assistant, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Transport the Resident Representative, Field staff, visiting missions and official delegation of the Office on official duties, within Zimbabwe as and when required;
- Ensure routine maintenance for the vehicles of the Office;
- Perform office messenger duties;
- Represent the Bank in a professional manner and appearance and conduct at all times;
- Perform any other duties reasonably requested by the Resident Representative and management.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Advanced level certificate of education (A' Level);
- Clean driver’s license;
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience as a driver in an international/multinational organization, or public or private sector organization;
- Experience and skills in minor vehicle repairs, and routine maintenance for the vehicles;
- Must have working knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation of automotive equipment;
- Very good command of written and spoken English;
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft software e.g. Microsoft Word and use of internet.
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Only applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are being considered for interview will be contacted. Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online application, and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV). The AfDB President reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply: www.afdb.org/jobs