Management Systems International (MSI) is a global international development firm based in Washington, D.C. providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance. MSI is part of Coffey International Development, a global international development consulting firm. Together with Coffey ID, MSI now has more than 1,500 development professionals worldwide, a corporate presence in 11 countries and manages more than 200 projects worldwide. It currently manages more than 20 long-term projects in countries, including Iraq, Sudan, Colombia and Russia. Broadly, MSI implements a range of analytical and field projects in its core technical areas, including democracy and governance, strategic management and performance improvement, organizational capacity building, human development and natural resource management. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at http://www.msiworldwide.com/
This forthcoming USAID/Tanzania project will be focused on strengthening civil society to monitor, lobby and advocate for greater accountability and on strengthening the capacity of the government’s accountability institutions.
The Government Agency/Capacity Building Manager will be responsible for providing technical capacity building support to government institutions that are mandated to ensure citizen access to information, government transparency, ethics, and public accountability. This is a 4-year full-time position based in Dar Es Salaam. The assignment is expected to start in late fall 2012. The Government Agency/Capacity Building Manager will be responsible for carrying out capacity building tasks and deliverables associated with the project. This will include, but not be limited to, areas such as capacity building assistance, including monitoring and evaluation, broad-based training, technical assistance, and institutional strengthening. This job involves close liaison with the project Technical Team, including the Chief of Party, and M&E Specialist.
**Please note that this is a local position. Only Tanzanian citizens are eligible to apply.**
• Assess and build the institutional capacity of selected government agencies to strengthen their internal control mechanisms, conduct oversight and management of agency activities, conduct internal audits and monitor processes and outputs;
• Develop and support capacity building training for government agencies that strengthens their abilities to interact effectively with citizens, and provide information to citizens.
• Develop and manage implementation of an intensive training and technical assistance capacity building program including financial, management, administrative, and operational capacity;
• Contribute to preparing work plans, monitoring and evaluation plans, and technical and administrative reports;
• Coordinate and oversee the work of subcontractors and consultants;
• Coordinate program activities with other relevant donor-funded projects to achieve maximum impact.
• Must have a masters’ degree in relevant field;
• Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in development, management, consulting, capacity building or relented field
• Capacity to analyze training needs and prepare and organize/conduct trainings and workshops for civil servants;
• Strong prior experience in overseeing capacity building activities that can be adapted to suit;
Experience in mentoring local staff and organizations, and transferring skills and knowledge;
Ability to coordinate, seek synergies, and complementarities to maximize results with other donor programs;
• Proven ability to work effectively with local counterparts and a wide variety of stakeholders;
Experience in implementing USAID-funded projects and/or knowledge of USAID development approaches is preferred;
• Strong communication skills (written and oral) in English
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply, please visit our website: http://www.msiworldwide.com/
UN WOMEN: COORDINATION AND PLANNING SPECIALIST (READVERTISEMENT) - The UN Women (UNW), grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination agains...
1 day ago