Comprehensive Community Based Rehabilitation in Tanzania (CCBRT) is a locally registered NGO first established in 1994. It is the largest indigenous provider of disability rehabilitation services in the country. CCBRT aims to improve the quality of life of people living with disabilities as well as their families and to enable them to achieve their legitimate potential.
CCBRT is expanding its service portfolio to also provide maternal and newborn healthcare. With support from international partners, CCBRT in collaboration with the regional health management team is improving the quality of maternal and newborn healthcare at 16 facilities in Dar es Salaam region and strengthening the prevention of disability and the delivery of early intervention services. The construction of the maternity and newborn (Baobab) hospital has started.
CCBRT is now looking for:
- Diploma in Occupational Therapy
Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 years work experience as occupational therapist.
- Computer skills
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili both verbally and written.
- Providing occupational therapy services to CCBRT patients i.e. identifying the request for service and main problem of the patient.
- Preparing and executing individual rehabilitation plans with goals and interventions
- Supervising training and assisting the CRWs in recognizing disability aspects, referring and providing education to patients
- Establishing cooperation and maintaining good communication rehabilitative services, schools, hospitals, dispensaries and organizing transfers and assistance where necessary.
CCBRT is an equal opportunities employer and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, three references and maximum one page report on why you believe you are the right candidate for this position. Please send it via email to the Email Link above or by post to:
CCBRT Human Resources , P.O Box 23310, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Tel: +255 (0) 22 260 1543 / +255 (0) 22 260 2192 Fax: +255 (0) 22 260 1544
Website: http:// www.ccbrt.or.tz
Closing date for applications: 30th August 2012
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.