As part of its Communications and Public Affairs Division, IFA is seeking a qualified and passionate Communications Specialist to help developing and implementing its international communications and public affairs strategy. The Communications Specialist will report to the Director of Communications and Public Affairs and work closely with other IFA Services and IFA’s members in monitoring and analyzing policy programs and initiatives, public debates and reputational issues and contributing to conceive the right response and outreach strategy. The successful candidate will be responsible for crafting a large variety of communications material (on-line and off-line), contributing to message and tool development and assisting in the organization of outreach missions. Excellent communication and writing skills and a strong interest in agriculture and related topics like food security, environment, safety and nutrition, are key to succeed in this dynamic and growing position. In addition, experience with digital communications tools is required.
This position is based in Paris.
This position is based in Paris.
- Developing content for a range of publications and communications materials ( press releases, infosheets, presentations, newsflashes, selected brochures, articles etc.), based on reports published by IFA and international partner institutions;
- Refining and adapting selected messages to social media and conducting social media programs (in close cooperation with IFA’s IT department and external vendors);
- Contributing to manage content of websites and other digital tools to engage members and achieve other organizational goals;
- Leveraging digital tools like video campaigns, blogs, on-line forums from IFA and member organizations for multiplication and promotion purposes;
- Developing electronic updates and distribution to target audiences;
- Assisting with international public relations campaigns to well position IFA’s activities and address the key issues, IFA’s industry is facing;
- Conducting research on selected topics, evaluating impact on the fertilizer industry and including findings into IFA’s outreach programs;
- Working closely with IFA’s team of directors to identify and pursue opportunities for new types of communications strategies and social media platforms that support IFA’s overall goals and objectives.
- Ability to multitask and work autonomously on projects;
- Strong time and project management skills;
- A passion for creative, targeted writing and tailoring messages to different sets of audiences and cultures;
- Demonstrated interest in digital communications and new communications channels and trends; well-developed sense of how to use social media to engage various audiences and achieve strategic goals;
- Familiarity with publications and design development;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
Education and Experience
- University degree in communications, marketing, journalism, international relations;
- English native language proficiency is mandatory; fluency in French and any additional working languages (Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese or Russian) is an asset;
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in similar positions in communications, marketing or public affairs;
- Previous experience with multilateral or international organizations or NGOs is helpful but not mandatory.