Job Reference Number
International Development Assistance/Emerging Markets
Australasia; Papua New Guinea; National Capital
The Market Development Facility (MDF), supported by the Australian High Commission and implemented by Cardno, invests in innovative business to stimulate economic growth in a number of countries across the Asia Pacific region, including Papua New Guinea.
MDF’s focus is on making selected sectors of the economy more competitive and stimulating business innovation with the aim of increasing employment and income earning opportunities for the poor and underprivileged. MDF started operations in Papua New Guinea in 2015 and has its main office in Port Moresby. MDF PNG is initially concentrating on the fresh produce sector, tourism industry, local value addition and connectivity provision services in Papua New Guinea.
MDF is seeking an experienced Security Officer who will be responsible for:
- Oversight of security planning and monitoring
- Day-to-day management of the security of MDF staff
- 5 years or more work experience with armed forces, police, private security company or INGO in a similar capacity
- Fluency in both written and oral English
- A current police clearance certificate
- Valid driving license
- Graduate / Masters Education (civilian or military).
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain a strong network of intelligence sources.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and, if required, update standard operating procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct site/venue surveys for, and manage, field visits.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate emergency responses.
- Advanced level knowledge of communications technology, including VHF, HF radio systems, satellite communications, cell phone mediums, etc.
The Terms of Reference can be downloaded here: Terms of Reference
The position is open to Papua New Guinea nationals. Cardno is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Child Protection in all fields. Successful applicants are required to provide a police clearance certificate.
Please email an application letter that addresses the selection criteria and include a current CV to recruitment@cardnoMDF.org with the subject line “Security Officer”.
Only applications received before close of business Friday, 5 February, 2016 will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
MDF is an Australian aid project, funded by the Australian High Commissioner Papua New Guinea www.cardno.com/emergingmarkets