ESMA - European Securities and Markets Authority
European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) is currently seeking candidates (F/M) for the post of ICT Officer (IT project management profile) - grade AD6, Resources Department, Paris, France.
ESMA is an independent European Union (EU) Authority whose main mission is to enhance investors’ protection and promote stable and orderly financial markets.
Job framework & profile:
The Resources Department is responsible for the Authority’s common resources and support functions. The goal of the Information & Communication Technology (ICT) Unit is to prepare and implement the ESMA’s IT strategic programme, as well as ensure the implementation and maintenance of the IT systems and networks of the Authority.
Under the supervision of the Head of ICT Unit, the jobholder will carry out the following main duties:
- initiate, plan and coordinate the execution of projects, and deliver the expected results within agreed scope, budget and time frames;
- be responsible for the management and proper use of allocated project resources, such as human resources (internal and external), budget and procured services;
- manage and maintain good relationships with external suppliers;
- organise and chair meetings with EU work groups to define business requirements for IT systems;
- coordinate the analysis and design work, ensuring alternative solutions are being assessed that fulfil the specified requirements of a new IT system;
- liaise with other internal stakeholders (e.g. IT architecture, information security, IT operations) to ensure alignment with IT architecture and compliance with non-functional requirements and policies;
- adhere to the project management methodology (PM2) and be responsible for the delivery of mandatory project artefacts;
- plan and coordinate quality assurance activities for project deliverables;
- plan and coordinate the execution of tests, such as site acceptance and user acceptance tests, and the creation of necessary test artefacts (e.g. test plans, test specifications, test reports etc.).
- at least three years of experience (acquired after the required level of education, see part 3A of the vacancy notice) in the IT project management;
- experience of core disciplines in a project management (i.e. planning, budgeting, reporting, scope and change management, risk management, stakeholder management and communication);
- experience of main phases in a IT-systems development process (i.e. analysis, design, development, testing and deployment);
- excellent written and oral English.
All applications must be sent accordingly to the requirements listed in the vacancy notice.