ESMA - European Securities and Markets Authority
European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) is currently seeking candidates (F/M) for the post of Senior Policy Officer (secondary markets profile) - grade AD7, Markets Department, Paris, France.
ESMA is an independent European Union (EU) Authority whose main mission is to enhance investors’ protection and promote stable and orderly financial markets.
Job framework & profile:
ESMA Markets Department is structured in 3 parts:
- Post-Trading Unit (OTC Derivatives, CSDs, CCPs and Trade Repositories);
- Secondary Markets team; and
- Market Integrity and Data Reporting team.
The main project of the secondary market team is the implementation of the MiFID II/MIFIR legislation. The secondary markets team will work during 2016 and 2017 on issues like: the trading obligation for derivatives, setting up the position limits for commodity derivatives (for which ESMA needs to issue opinions), preparing the transparency calculations and waiver processes for financial instruments, further specifications on data publication, and high frequency trading rules or the new requirements for trading venues. In this period, one essential element will be to provide guidance to market participants on how to apply the regulations and increasing supervisory convergence across national competent authorities.
Under the responsibility of the Head of Markets Department and the Secondary Markets Team Leader, the successful candidate will be:
- contributing to ESMA’s work on drafting technical advice, technical standards, opinions and guidelines and recommendations under MiFID II and MiFIR;
- contributing to the implementation of MiFID II/MiFIR (IT-implementation, transparency calculations, waiver processes);
- supporting the work of the Secondary Markets Standing Committees and the Commodity Derivatives Task Force;
- contributing to ESMA’s work in promoting the consistent application of EU law by National Competent Authorities for all markets-related areas of MiFID II.
- at least six (6) years of work experience in the area of financial markets, in positions relevant to this post (acquired after the required level of education, see part 3A of the vacancy notice);
- knowledge of the functioning of financial markets and related regulations; and
- excellent written and oral English.
All applications must be sent accordingly to the requirements listed in the vacancy notice.