ESMA - European Securities and Markets Authority
European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) is currently seeking candidates (F/M) for the post of Senior Policy Officer (risk expert & Central Counterparties profile) - grade AD8 Markets Department, Paris, France.
ESMA is an independent European Union (EU) Authority whose main mission is to enhance investors’ protection and promote stable and orderly financial markets.
Job framework & profile:
ESMA Markets Department is structured in 3 parts:
- Post-Trading Unit (OTC Derivatives, CSDs, Central Couterparties -CCPs and Trade Repositories);
- Secondary Markets team; and
- Market Integrity and Data Reporting team.
The main tasks of this position will be to deal with the responsibilities of ESMA for Central Counterparties (CCPs) in the implementation of Regulation (EU) No. 648/2012 on OTC Derivatives, CCPs and No. 648/2012 on Trade Repositories (EMIR).
Under the supervision of Head of Post-Trading Unit, the jobholder will be involved in some of the following tasks:
- development an performance of EU-wide stress tests for CCPs;
- assessment of CCP risk models;
- validation of CCP risk model changes;
- thematic review on the application of specific CCP prudential requirements;
- contribution to the regulatory work on the revision of CCP prudential requirements;
- cost-benefit analysis related to the EMIR Review process;
- participation in the analysis for the determination of the clearing obligation;
- recognition of third country CCPs; and
- contribution to the work of CCP colleges.
Those tasks related to assessment of risk models and stress testing are especially relevant for this particular position.
- at least nine (9) years of experience in risk management or risk control in the field of financial markets (acquired after the required level of education, see part 3A of the vacancy notice);
- knowledge of the functioning and characteristics of CCPs or derivatives products, as demonstrated by work experience;
- experience in the assessment of risk models and stress testing;
- excellent written and oral English.
All applications must be sent accordingly to the requirements listed in the vacancy notice.