Do you want to be involved in the international dynamics of sustainability, where ideals and pragmatism meet?
UTZ CERTIFIED is a label and program for sustainable farming worldwide. Our mission is to create a world where sustainable farming is the norm. Sustainable farming helps farmers, workers and their families to fulfil their ambitions and contributes to safeguard the world’s resources, now and in the future.
UTZ CERTIFIED is one of the largest programs for responsibly produced coffee, tea and cocoa in the world, working across all continents with leading brands and retailers, such as Sara Lee, Mars, Nestlé, Heinz, Ahold and IKEA.
UTZ CERTIFIED is headquartered in Amsterdam and works closely with its partner network in Africa, Asia and Latin America. UTZ CERTIFIED is hiring an:
Monitoring & Evaluation and Impact Assessment
UTZ is expanding its effort to get a good insight in the impact of the work we undertake with farmers and the implementation of the UTZ program (certification, traceability and market aspects). To this end an M&E program is being developed, an overall monitoring system is being set up and multiple impact evaluation studies have started.
Within the framework of the M&E program and the UTZ Theory of Change, you will contribute to the improvement of the data collection process and use. You will work in a team as well as independently.
- Set up and implement a system for data collection, analysis and reporting
- Gather the data already available within UTZ and understand what data needs to be collected
- Develop a proposal on how the data collection process can be centralized and used for evaluations and reporting
The Expert on M&E and Impact Assessment will work in collaboration with the M&E/Impact coordinator, reporting to UTZ’s Standards Director.
- University degree in relevant field (e.g. agronomy, environmental science or international development)
- 3 to 5 years of work experience
- Experience in data collection, survey design, quantitative data analysis and reporting
- Good knowledge of research methodologies and experience with data management and evaluations
- Basic understanding of M&E systems
- Knowledge of IT systems/databases is a plus
- Good knowledge of sustainability, agricultural and social standard systems. Knowledge of smallholder production systems and group certifications is a plus
- Understanding of the processes around certification of agricultural products. Knowledge of audit processes is a plus
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines in a dynamic work environment
- An eye for detail without losing the overview
- Strong analytical skills, but also result oriented and hands-on
- Self-managing, communicative person, team player with intercultural skills
- Fluent in English and good knowledge of Spanish. French is a plus
- Basic understanding of communications in order to contribute to making findings available to a wider public
Employment is based upon 32 - 40 hours/week. The position is based in Amsterdam and implies regular travel to producing countries. We can only consider candidates who have a work & residency permit for the Netherlands/EU.
This is your opportunity to create real value for a meaningful global sustainability initiative!
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 16 2012, mentioning Expert on M&E and Impact Assesment in the subject line. For more information about this position please contact Chris Mulder: +31 (0) 6 14 19 60 86.
The first round of interviews will be held on August 1 and 2.
More information about UTZ CERTIFIED Good Inside: www.utzcertified.org.