Division/Team: Research Partnerships Team
Reports to: Manager of Research Partnerships team
Bruegel is a European think tank working in the field of international economics. Established in 2005, Bruegel is independent and non-doctrinal. It seeks to contribute to European and global economic policy-making through open, fact-based and policy-relevant research, analysis and debate. Bruegel‘s governance and funding model is unique. Its membership includes EU governments and leading international corporations. Its day-to-day work is carried out at arm‘s length from members‘ interests.
Bruegel is looking for an Officer to the Research Partnerships Manager to give support in the management of FP7 projects.
The Officer will closely help the Research Partnerships Manager to coordinate and monitor activities of FP7 funded projects and especially will closely monitor the fulfillment of all contractual obligations. The Officer will be responsible for the daily management of the financial and administrative tasks.
- Daily financial monitoring of FP7 budgets;
- Daily management and recording of incoming and outgoing transactions linked to FP7 projects ;
- Regular checks of projects accounts on an analytical accountancy;
- Compilation and assessment of financial documents of FP7 beneficiaries (timesheets and invoices);
- Preparation of FP7 financial reports to the EC in coordination with the auditor, i.e. calculations of personnel costs according to payroll information, person per month…;
- Preparation of annual financial reports to project partners;
- Use and management of the DG Research electronic financial reporting system.
- Daily administrative coordination of FP7 projects including the compilation of technical data, daily contacts with beneficiaries on activities;
- Preparation of FP7 technical reports to the EC;
- Use and management of the DG Research electronic administrative reporting system;
- Close liaison with the Communications team in the delivery of dissemination outputs i.e. external events, publications, website ;
- Monitoring of beneficiaries’ delivery of FP7 dissemination outputs;
- Monitoring project’s agenda and organisation of meetings internal to the FP7 partnerships in collaboration with the events coordinator.
Profile and Skills
- Specific skills in financial and administrative management;
- University degree, if possible a Master’s degree in project development and management and if not at least Finance and Administrative qualifications, with 1-2 years working experience in FP7 financial and financial management;
- Experience and knowledge of financial, accounting and budgetary information and control systems, accounting principles, tax matters, internal control procedures;
- Proven coordination and data management experience;
- Sound knowledge of FP7 administrative and financial rules;
- Fluency in English both written and oral;
- Excellent command of MS Office systems; it is essential that the Officer has an excellent command of all MS Excel options;
- Inter-personal skills;
- Strong organisational skills, task and solutions oriented, analytical mind, responsible, proactive and autonomous;
- Commitment to deliver on allocated tasks and to respond in a timely manner to deadlines; positive and constructive attitude;
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills in a multinational context, including discretion, diplomacy and tolerance; transparency in working with a team-orientated work ethic.;
- Trust building, Persuasive with good people management skills;
- Resilient and flexible;
- Able to always meet project and EC deadlines.
Terms and Conditions:
- Annual salary: EUR 29,000 gross;
- This is a full-time position;
- A two-year contract is offered. It is envisaged that the contract will be renewable after this two-year period;
- Location is at Bruegel offices in Brussels, Belgium;
- The working language is English;
- Starting date as soon as possible;
- 25 days annual leave per annum.
- Please consult www.bruegel.org for more information on the organisation;
- Please apply in English only, with Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter to, citing “Research Partnerships Officer” in the subject line;
- Deadline for applications is 19 August 2012;
- Interviews to take place in Brussels during 27-31 August;
- Please note that Bruegel is strict on compliance with the required qualification criteria mentioned above, and only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.