Ref. Nr. 009/2015 – External
Title: Director of Finance and Administration
Department: Finance and Administration Department
Location: The Hague
Reporting to: The Director General
Number of vacancies: 1
Start of Contract: January 2016
Vacancy Notice issued: 20 October 2015
Deadline for Application: 30 November 2015
The International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP) helps governments and others to account for missing persons from conflict, human rights abuses, disasters, organized crime, migration and other causes. While ICMP has its headquarters in The Hague, The Netherlands, most of the organization's Finance and Administration staff in Sarajevo. The incumbent will therefore be required to travel to Sarajevo on a regular basis.
ICMP is seeking a dynamic, qualified and experienced professional to lead the financial and administrative management of the organization as part of an executive team. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of financial, administration and program management, as well as proactively engaging in fundraising and supervising donor reporting. He or she will be responsible for the direction and management of all administrative functions, including human resources, budget, finance, general services, IT, procurement, and related support activities. This is an exciting and challenging position at the heart of an organization which is in the process of expanding its global operations.
Major duties and responsibilities will include:
- Managing day to day central financial management, including treasury, accounting and budget.
- Reporting and accounting, including annual reports and accounts.
- Overseeing financial staff management, motivation, training, recruitment and selection.
- Ensuring effective control and management of income and expenditure.
- Ensuring the provision of meaningful, accurate and timely management accounting and performance measurement information.
- Contracting with providers and suppliers.
- Monitoring and adapting remuneration and entitlement levels.
- Ensuring the maintenance of an IT function and a secure IT environment.
- Import/export administration.
- Management of all administrative functions including Personnel, Transport, General Services, Procurement and all other support functions.
- Contributing to donor strategy and liaison.
- Identifying new funding sources and supporting fundraising efforts.
- Advanced university or equivalent degree in economics, business management or other relevant discipline;
- Professional qualification in accountancy (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent);
- Record of continuing professional education (CPE) since qualification;
- Membership of a professional accountancy association, institute or similar;
- Minimum ten years’ experience in financial, budgeting, and administration management;
- At least seven years’ experience at a senior management level in an organization with a record of success in human resources and financial management linking service delivery to strategic objectives;
- Must have experience of:
- working in an international environment, preferably within an international organisation
- reporting to donors (or equivalent) on the use of funding
- preparing grant proposals
- preparing and monitoring budgets
- preparing financial statements to IAS standard.
- Excellent communication skills in English, including the ability to write in a concise, straightforward way and to present complex political/technical issues to non-expert audiences;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and efficiency;
- Willingness to take the initiative, to set priorities and to work under pressure with accuracy and dedication.
A Curriculum Vitae with cover letter should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.