Barrick Exploration Africa (BEAL) seeks to appoint a dedicated, self motivated and highly organized Security Supervisor to join the BEAL Security Team. Based in Bulyanhulu, the successful candidate will provide a broad range of security functions that impact across all areas of ABG business operations.
Reporting Line:BEAL Security Manager
Location: Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
Work Schedule:this position will be roster of 8 weeks on/ 4 weeks off
The primary purpose of the Security Supervisor is to protect and safeguard the assets and personnel of BEAL from risk and threat of loss from crime, corrupt activity and waste.
Key Performance Areas:
The Security Supervisor is primarily responsible for managing all aspects of security at BEAL exploration sites.
Key Results Areas:
· Assist the BEAL Security manager in the running of the BEAL security department.
· Investigate all criminal and corrupt activity against BEAL personnel and property.
· Maintain an informant base with outside communities as well as BEAL and Barrick personnel.
· Maintain liaison with regional police, local government; community; and village representatives.
· Supervise BEAL / contract security personnel to ensure compliance with BEAL security policies and procedures.
· Update the BEAL Security Manager of any matters that may threaten BEAL staff or personnel.
· Maintain the highest standards of discipline and integrity expected from the BEAL security department.
· Carry out any instructions as directed by the BEAL Security Manager or his delegated representative.
· Advanced Level of Secondary Education (Form Six)
· Military or Police Training in security operations
· Minimum 5 years experience in the military, police services or security environment
· Must be a Tanzanian National
· Good communication and administration skills.
· Self motivation, leadership and management skills.
· Honest, reliable and ability to maintain confidentiality
· Resilience and resourcefulness
· Strong influencing skills
· Performance orientation
· Hold employees accountable
· Must be prepared to work varied hours to accomplish the requirements.
· Knowledge of Tanzanian legal process
Point of hire is Dar es Salaam and the position is based at Bulyanhulu mine site and working across all exploration sites and camps.
Barrick Exploration Africa (BEAL) is committed to high quality safety, health and environmental practices and applicants should be able to demonstrate shared values in this area.
The Company offers a competitive remuneration package. If you meet these requirements and you would like to be part of our dynamic team, please forward your resume with 2 contactable references (indicating the position title in the subject heading) via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or through the following postal address:
Barrick Exploration Africa Limited
P.O Box 1081
Dar es Salaam.
The closing date for application is 28th February 2011. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
If you are not contacted by BEALwithin fourteen (14) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Late applications will not be considered. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: a security clearance; a competency assessment; physical capability assessment and reference checking.
African Barrick Gold is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is very committed to Environmental, Health and Safety Management
UN WOMEN: COORDINATION AND PLANNING SPECIALIST (READVERTISEMENT) - The UN Women (UNW), grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination agains...
19 hours ago