16 Jul 2012
ESMA is seeking a contractual agent (CA) that will contribute to ESMA’s work in the Legal, Convergence and Cooperation Unit of ESMA. Under the responsibility of the Head of Unit the successful candidate will be involved in the following tasks:
- Advising on issues relating to ESMA’s governance
- Assisting in developing of supervisory guidance and in assuring the legislative quality control regarding the drafting of Technical Standards and Guidelines & Recommendations by ESMA
- Assisting senior legal officers in providing legal advice and assistance on ESMA’s tasks and powers, including its powers regarding Breach of Union Law, Settlement of Disagreements (between national supervisors) and Action in Emergency Situations
- Providing legal advice to the other divisions/units on the interpretation and correct application of relevant provisions in sectorial supervisory acts and on broader administrative issues.
- Legal review, in particular legal assessment of compliance with the requirements of the EU CRA Regulation;
- Assisting the cooperation with national competent authorities and third-country supervisors under existing cooperation agreements.
- Handling of applications to access to ESMA documents and of information requests