The Corporation is ISO certified and one of the fastest growing companies in the petroleum industry.
National Oil is seeking a highly organized, efficient and results oriented individual to fill the position of Logistics Manager.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Logistics Manager will manage product transportation and other logistics in addition to overseeing Western Kenya Depot Operations.
He/She will be tasked with ensuring efficient and safe delivery of National Oil’s products.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Efficient scheduling of trucks to achieve truck optimization;
- Assessing National Oil contracted trucks to ensure that they meet minimum standards as provided by company guidelines and legal requirements;
- Ensuring adherence to contract terms for all transporters, contractors and other suppliers;
- Working closely with the Sales and Marketing team on deliveries’ losses to ensure they are within acceptable tolerance levels;
- Ensuring that there are up to date route and site risk assessments for all customer locations;
- Leading the reduction of Environment Health and Safety (EHS) incidents and accidents in the depots and transportation function;
- Developing and implementing EHS incentive schemes for drivers; and
- Timely reconciliation of COSIS entries.
Skills and Attributes:
- Bachelors degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Civil Engineering or Business Administration;
- A post graduate diploma in Logistics or Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage;
- At least 8 years experience in a busy logistics environment, 3 of which should have been at a managerial level; and
- Excellent planner with strong interpersonal skills.
If you believe your career objectives match any of these exciting roles, please forward your application with a detailed CV quoting the reference number LM/07/12 and stating your current position, remuneration, e-mail address and telephone contacts by 20 July 2012 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Deloitte Place, Waiyaki Way, Muthangari
P 0 Box 40092 00100 NAIROBI
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by
guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity.
Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touche
Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.