| The U.S. Embassy in Pretoria is seeking an individual for the position of a Mail Clerk in the Information Programs Office (IPO). |
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS WHO ARE NOT SOUTH AFRICAN CITIZENS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
| Qualifications Required: |
NOTE: ALL APPLICANTS MUST ADDRESS EACH SELECTION CRITERION DETAILED BELOW WITH SPECIFIC AND COMPREHENSIVE INFORMATION SUPPORTING EACH ITEM.
Items 1- 5 are ALL REQUIRED
1. Education: Completion of secondary school (Grade 12) or equivalent is required.
2. Experience: At least one year of work experience sorting and routing incoming and outgoing mail in a customer service oriented environment is required.
- English level III – good working knowledge in writing, reading and speaking is required.
- Incumbent must be able to retain names of post personnel and sections to expedite delivery.
5. Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess a valid South African driver’s license (code 10).
- Must have safe driving track record for the past three years.
- Must be able to lift very heavy items and bags.
- Must have basic numeracy skills.
- A basic competency in computer programs, e.g. word processing, internet/e-mail usage, and typing skills are required.
- Ability to deal courteously with vendors, contractors, and embassy staff is required.
Job SpecificationBasic Function of Position:
The duties of the position include mail handling, pouch responsibilities, reproduction responsibilities, and switchboard/receptionist duties when necessary. The incumbent drives embassy vehicles to pick up and deliver diplomatic mail and pouch items.
*Ordinarily Resident: FSN-3
Basic Salary: R80,307 – R112,427 per annum
Cash Benefits: R18,306 – R20,983 per annum Non-cash benefits include medical, pension and others where applicable
For more details on the Application and Selection process, please go to: Please note that this link will take you to the p-net site.http://southafrica.usembassy.gov/job_opportunities.html
Register and Apply via: http://americanembassy.pnet.co.za Closing: July 9, 2012 (Close of Business)