Association of Mutual Insurers and Insurance Cooperatives in Europe
AMICE is the representative organisation for the mutual and cooperative insurance sector in Europe. Its prime purpose is to ensure that the voice of the sector is heard and that the interests of its members are taken into account in securing a level playing field for all insurers in Europe regardless of their legal form.
AMICE provides a platform for mutual and cooperative insurers of all sizes to combine resources and expertise, exchange experiences across national borders and discuss key issues and concerns relating to planned legislative and regulatory changes and developments.
The mutual and cooperative sector accounts for more than half of the 6,000 insurance undertakings in Europe and some 25% of premiums. With more than 100 direct members and representing more than 1,000 insurers indirectly, AMICE speaks for a significant part of the insurance sector.
Five years after its establishment, AMICE is in the process of restructuring activities in its Secretariat in Brussels. The small size of the team (5-6 persons) requires flexibility from each and every team member; it offers at the same time interesting opportunities to individuals who have true team spirit and feel comfortable with daily changing challenges and a high degree of personal responsibility. Please visit our website www.amice-eu.org for more information.
- Identifying, analysing and interpreting EU-level legal initiatives of relevance to the sector;
- Preparing, coordinating and follow-up to the taskforces of the association’s Legal Affairs Working Group and other taskforces, organising their meetings and seminars;
- Representing the association at meetings with external stakeholders, at conferences and other events;
- Maintaining regular contacts with association members;
- Maintaining the relations with other actors in the areas of Social Economy and Social Dialogue;
- Taking part in the planning and the preparation of the biennial AMICE Congress.
Candidate profile – Essential Criteria:
- Minimum 5 years experience of work at the European level, in an international, multicultural and multilingual environment; preferably in the EU office of an association or large company;
- University level education, preferably in a related area such as European Affairs or Business;
- Experience in the financial services sector is a strong asset;
- Native French speaker with excellent English (or vice versa), other European languages are an asset; the working language of the association is English;
- Good communications qualities, including writing;
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills;
- Highly motivated, open-minded and balanced personality, ready to contribute in a flexible way to a small but dynamic team;
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high sense of diplomacy, cultural awareness and flexibility;
- Ability and willingness to travel (within Europe) is essential.
Should consist of curriculum and motivation letter and should be sent by 7 September 2012 via the Application Form