- Compilation of a newsletter, calendar and emails on events of interest in the EU institutions and think tanks.
- Attendance of think tank events, conferences, events in the EU Institutions etc., in Brussels, on behalf of the Mission of Japan and the compilation of clear and informative reports for the Press and Public Diplomacy Section on these events.
- Establishing and maintaining of important and relevant contacts, especially in think tank and European Parliament.
- Researching and compiling reports on Japanese and EU issues of relevance for the Mission.
- Coordination and assistance in organizing meetings and events in relation to think tanks and European Parliament.
- Assistance in providing information and answers to queries regarding the functioning of the EU institutions.
- Researching, drafting, editing and writing of official correspondences of the Mission.
- English check of the Mission’s external English language output.
- Overall support to the Head of the Press and Public Diplomacy Section e.g. conducting of general administrative tasks, making reservations, writing/sending letters and emails, drafting lists of participants with Excel etc.
- Assisting in public diplomacy events, such as receptions etc.
- Press and information officer substitute
- Other general administrative duties.
- Native English speaker
- University qualification in Politics, European Studies or another relevant discipline.
- Stage experience in an institution would be preferable
- French ability would be appreciated
- Demonstrated research ability
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Work Permit for non-EU citizens
Deadline: Tuesday 24th April, 2012 at 17:00 Brussels Time
This is a full time position. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please send your CV and cover letter, (no more than 1 page) in English to: email@example.com