The Division of Occupational Therapy seeks to appoint a Clinical Educator, to a permanent 5/8ths position. The successful candidate will be expected to assist in the strengthening and development of the Division of Occupational Therapy through clinical education, academic scholarship and relevant service.
· Clinical supervision of undergraduate students within the Work Practice or Vocational Rehabilitation clinical area.
· Development of clinical sites for optimal student learning, and inter-disciplinary collaboration.
· Scholarship to encourage evidence based practice.
· Development of appropriate clinical teaching material.
· Administrative and management duties at Divisional and Departmental levels.
· Clinical service responsibilities may be required when necessary.
· Qualified Occupational Therapist with a Bachelors degree.
· Some experience in Work Practice or Vocational Rehabilitation.
· Excellent interpersonal abilities.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Registered/Registrable with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA).
· Some experience in student clinical supervision.
· A postgraduate qualification in vocational rehabilitation or enrollment in a relevant Masters programme.
· Research experience.
Enquiries about this post should be directed to Associate Professor Elelwani Ramugondo: Division of Occupational Therapy at Elelwani.Ramugondo@uct.ac.za
The annual remuneration package, including benefits for 2012 is: R235 000.
To apply, please e-mail the completed UCT Application form indicating which position you are apply for, together with all other relevant documentation as indicated on the form, with the subject line “Clinical Educator: Occupational Therapy” followed by the reference number to: Mrs Celeste Booysen, Staff Recruitment and Selection, University of Cape Town, Rondebosch, 7700, South Africa.
The application form can also be downloaded at http://web.uct.ac.za/depts/sapweb/forms/hr201.doc.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Reference number for this position: SR341/12
Closing date for applications: 3 August 2012
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at http://hr.uct.ac.za/policies/ee.php.