POSITION: OFFICE MANAGER
LENGTH AND LOCATION OF POSITION: Full time position, available immediately. Located in Kijitonyama, Dar Es Salaam.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 31st , 2012
All-around office manager will have the responsibility for ensuring the smooth running of our office complex on day-to-day basis. This responsibility ranges from desk-based business administration to physical legwork involved in maintenance of property, facilities and contracted services.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Report to Managing Director and serve as a liaison with office tenants.
- Serve as the on-site supervisor of daily operations (location: Shekilango Road, Kijitonyama, Dar es Salaam).
- Office accounts: managing accounts payable & receivable; recording office expenditure.
- Tenant & Customer relations: ensure all contracts are up to date, tenants are properly accommodated and handle any queries/ complaints. Receiving visitors and be point contact person for all queries relating to the site
- Filing and Documentation
- Oversee office upkeep in terms of needed repairs and daily cleaning, including contracts with outside service providers.
- Procurement of office supplies, including storage and inventory of stock.
- Work with the security services to ensure safety and daily security of office premises.
- Undertake any other responsibilities, tasks or activities as reasonably required
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
The successful candidate for this position will possess the following minimum qualifications
- Previous experience in office management administration is a MUST.
- First degree in business administration or related field, with atleast 1 years of office management experience, OR
- Diploma in business Administration with 3+ years work experience in office administration within a commercial Small & Medium sized Enterprise or larger company.
- Demonstrated accounting proficiency via recognized vocational diploma and/or 2yrs prior work experience in Accounting / Bookkeeping.
- Have valid driving license
- Excellent communication skills with business proficient Kiswahili (verbal & written) as well as strong English (written & spoken).
- Computer skills – including proficiency in document editing, spreadsheets, email & basic internet skills.
- Mature, Autonomous, Proactive, Reliable, Hardworking with Problem solving skills and demonstrated experience in coordination and supervision.
- Have excellent People skills, be customer-service oriented and able to interact with a variety of different persons at all levels.
- Work with minimal supervision & work independently
- Ideal candidate must have impeccable character references.
SUPERVISION AND REPORTING:
The Office Manager will report directly to Managing Director and will work under the guidance of both the Managing Director and Director for Operations, who is his/her direct supervisor.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate based on qualification, experience.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested candidates are invited to send their cover letters, Curriculum Vitae with names and contact details of 3 work related references, enclosing copies of certificates of relevant education and training, to the address below not later than July 31, 2012.
Email to: email@example.com
Managing Director - Uchumi Project
P O Box 70834,
Dar es Salaam,
For further details, you can also contact Mr Paschal on 0754 882122 (local) or +255 754 882122 (non local)
Please indicate on the envelope or the email subject line the position applied for.