|Provisional Commencement Date of the Contract:||20/01/2013|
|Initial Period of Implementation of Tasks:||36 months|
|Closing Date for Applications:||03/09/2012|
|Location:||SADC (Southern African Development Community)|
NATURE OF CONTRACT
The overall objective of the Institutional Capacity Development Programme (ICDP), of which this contract will be a part, is "to promote equitable economic growth and sustainable socio-economic development in the SADC region".
The specific objective of the ICDP is "to improve the capacity of the SADC Secretariat to effectively carry out its mandate of coordinating the implementation of the Regional Indicative Strategic Development Programme (RISDP) and the Strategic Indicative Programme for the Organ on Politics, Defence and Security Co-operation (SIPO)."
There are three result areas:
- Result 1: Executive-led change management is implemented and institutionalised in the SADC Secretariat;
- Result 2: Capacity of the SADC Secretariat to manage programmes and the associated implementation instruments is strengthened; and
- Result 3: Governance structures and management systems remain compliant with internationally accepted practices.
Technical assistance will be required in the following areas:
- Change Management (660 man-days),
- Budget and Finance(220 man-days),
- Human Resources and Administration (660 man-days),
- Procurement (220 man days),
- EDF Processes and Coordination (660 man-days) and
- Policy Development, Planning, Research and Monitoring (660 man-days) .
In addition to the long-term technical assistance support will also be provided for the recruitment of up to 1550 man-days of short-term expertise.
NUMBERS AND TITLES OF LOTS
The contract is divided into lots:
- No, one lot only.
Maximum budget 4.650.000 EUR.
SCOPE FOR ADDITIONAL SERVICES
The Contracting Authority may, at its own discretion, extend the project in duration and/or scope, subject to the availability of funding, up to a maximum not exceeding the length and value of the initial contract. Any extension of the contract would be subject to satisfactory performance by the Contractor.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS
|Date:||03/09/2012 (dd/mm/yyyy)||Time:||16:00 (hh:mm)||Local Time|
Any application received after this deadline will not be considered.
APPLICATIONS FORMAT AND DETAILS TO BE PROVIDED
Applications must be sumbitted using the standard application form, the format and instructions of which must be strictly observed. The application form is available at the following Internet address: http://ec.europa.eu/europeaid/work/procedures/implementation/services/index_en.htm.
Any additional documentation (brochure, letter, etc) sent with an application will not be taken into consideration.
HOW APPLICATIONS MAY BE SUBMITTED
Applications must be submitted exclusively to the Contracting Authority in the following language:
- EITHER by recorded delivery (official postal service) to:
Regional Authorising Officer,
SADC Executive Secretary,
SADC (Att: M Mathaha, Room D5P 38)
Private Bag 0095
Central Business District
Country: Botswana (BW)
- OR hand delivered (including courier services) directly to the Contracting Authority in return for a signed and dated receipt to:
For the attention of: M Mathaha, Room D5P 38
Telephone: +267 364 1706
Opening hours: 0730-1630