| NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS WHO ARE NOT SOUTH AFRICAN CITIZENS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Embassy in Pretoria is seeking 2 X individuals for the position of Chauffeur/Driver in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
NOTE: ALL APPLICANTS MUST ADDRESS EACH SELECTION CRITERION DETAILED BELOW WITH SPECIFIC AND COMPREHENSIVE INFORMATION SUPPORTING EACH ITEM.
Items 1- 6 are ALL REQUIRED
1. Successful completion of secondary school (Grade 12) is required.
2. A minimum two years of driving experience is required.
3. English level III (Good working knowledge) reading/writing/speaking is required.
4. Sound knowledge and understanding of driving regulations, Pretoria and Johannesburg (Gauteng) traffic patterns, care and maintenance of vehicles is
5. Must have Professional Driver's Permit (PDP) and local driver’s license for light duty vehicle and good eyesight.
6. Must have basic user level of Microsoft Outlook. (This will be tested).
| Basic Function of Position: The incumbents operates a motor vehicle to transport CDC and Mission employees, Temporary Duty Staff, visitors, documents, supplies and cargo for the purpose of conducting official CDC business. The incumbent serves as a dispatcher one day per week, maintains required reports and acts as an occasional money holder to collect and deliver travel advances.
Closing date: September 12, 2011
Please note that this link will take you to the p-net site.