Executive Assistant: Corporate and Legal Affairs
Looking for an exciting career with a Gold industry leader? Join Barrick! Barrick is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has 26 mining operations with many advanced exploration projects located across 5 continents and a large number of land positions located on some of the most prolific and prospective mineral trends.
The role of the Executive Assistant is to proactively arrange and prioritize the appointment schedule to align with the priorities of the Executive Vice President and Vice Presidents of the Corporate and Legal Affairs department. This individual will be required to manage all aspects of paperwork, electronic files, emails, meetings, travel arrangements, conference calls, and follow up on assigned action items and deliverables. The Executive Assistant must possess a strong work ethic, tremendous integrity and the ability to be discreet with confidential information. This role requires a high degree of independent judgment and sophistication, as interactions with other senior executives in the company are frequent. The Executive Assistant requires excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with team members at all levels of the organization and of varying technical backgrounds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate and carryout special events and personal errands as needed
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proactive, highly organized and extremely detail oriented
- Sense of responsibility and ownership - ability to see things through
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and continuous improvement focus
- Ability to multi-task and manage task or projects to completion
- Experience arranging worldwide travel (including time zone adjustments)
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Finance preferred or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years supporting a senior executive preferably in a global company
- Strong technical skills and experience with MS Office Suite is essential (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word, and Blackberry required)