As a result of internal promotion, we are seeking a new Communications Director to join The Elders’ London-based team.
The Communications Director is a member of The Elders’ senior management team, and is responsible for delivering effective, high quality communications strategies in a fast-moving international environment. This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced communications professional to lead a highly motivated and creative communications team in the service of The Elders. A key responsibility of the Communications Director is to continue to raise The Elders’ global profile and promote understanding of their work to key audiences.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate including private pension, life and medical insurance. This position is London-based, and requires regular overseas travel.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 18 July 2012
How to apply
Please send a concise CV and cover letter to jobs@theElders.org. Your letter should explain why you want this job and demonstrate how your skills and experience meet the job description. Please write ‘Communications Director’ in the subject line.
• Responsible for delivering effective, high quality communications strategies and advice in a fast-moving international environment.
• Responsible for continuing to raise The Elders’ global profile and promoting their work to key audiences.
• Reports to the Chief Operating Officer. Supervises a communications team of four staff, with direct reports from the Media Manager and the Digital Communications Manager. Collaborates with senior management team colleagues in the management and leadership of The Elders’ team.
• Provide strategic advice and leadership on all communications and media activities by The Elders.
• Ensure that all public communications activities support The Elders’ objectives, and enhance the reputation of The Elders.
• Collaborate with senior management team (SMT) colleagues in developing effective communications and advocacy strategies.
• Direct and empower the communications team to deliver high quality, effective and timely messages using conventional media and new media platforms.
• Liaise and coordinate with a wide range of partner organisations on media and communications issues.
• Oversee planning, design, budgeting and implementation of communications projects such as websites, video production and publications. Oversee budgets and manage key relationships with external contractors.
• Provide support to members of The Elders for media and public appearances as required. Liaise with Elders’ offices on media and communications issues.
• Support the Advisory Council’s advocacy and media activities in relation to The Elders.
• Assist in the preparation and editing of internal reporting materials.
• Experience in managing communications strategies for high-profile individuals.
• Demonstrated knowledge of major international issues.
• Excellent international media contacts and knowledge of global media environment.
• Proven ability to use all forms of conventional and new media to build audiences for an organisation or an issue.
• Self-motivated, creative, able to take the initiative.
• Ability to effectively manage, motivate and develop a team.
• Excellent written and spoken English; ability to write with flair for a range of audiences and edit copy with a keen eye for detail.
• Excellent news sense.
• Experience of ensuring effective collaboration and integration of communications work across the whole organisation.
• Experience of working with a range of partners to deliver effective communications outcomes.
• Sensitivity and understanding of different cultural contexts.
• Crisis and reputation management experience; maturity and discretion.
• Well organised, able to multi-task and work under pressure.
• A flexible attitude: able to manage multiple activities, resolve problems and adapt plans if required.
• Knowledge of foreign language/s highly desirable.
Job Email id: jobs(at)theElders.org
Expert en suivi/évaluation de politiques de développement - *Expert en suivi/évaluation de politiques de développement – (572 jours ouvrables - 22j/mois) - Assistance Technique pour l'appui au Programme d’appui bu...
1 day ago