Cogent Communications is a multinational, Tier 1 facilities-based ISP, consistently ranked as one of the top five networks in the world and is publicly traded on the NASDAQ Stock Market under the ticker symbol CCOI. Cogent specializes in providing businesses with high speed Internet access and point-to-point transport services. Cogent's facilities-based, all-optical IP network backbone provides IP services in over 175 markets globally. Since its inception, Cogent has unleashed the benefits of IP technology, building one of the largest and highest capacity IP networks in the world. This network enables Cogent to offer large bandwidth connections at highly competitive prices. Cogent also offers superior customer support by virtue of its end-to-end control of service delivery and network monitoring. Cogent offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package that takes effect within 30 days of employment.
The Assistant Controller will assist the Controller Europe for ensuring effective financial controls, timely and accurate internal and external financial reporting. She/he will need a technical accounting background as well as consolidation prior experience. She/he must have a strong aptitude for systems.
Essential Job Functions:
Accounting and Consolidation
- Preparation of monthly inter-company recharges for Europe.
- Review of local financials (capital lease activity, fixed assets...)
- Preparation of the Company's yearly Sarbanes Oxley internal control evaluation for Europe.
- Assist in the consolidation process for Europe.
- Work in coordination with the Controller Europe on various projects.
- Preparation of accounting policies and procedures documentation.
- Support to local accounting team with systems and tools.
- Assist in the production of monthly financial statements and all other financial reporting for Europe (34 entities).
- Analyze financial reports.
- Assist in the development and improvements to the Company's financial accounting systems required to maintain reporting requirements.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years experience in International environment.
- Expertise in Excel.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious. Service minded.
- Experience with Navision accounting preferable.
- Knowledge of Mona and Jet reports is a plus.
- Fluent in English, French. German and Spanish is a plus.
- Knowledge of USGAAP.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Cogent Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Assistant Controller Europe (Luxembourg)