National Director – World Vision Development Foundation (Manila-based)
Your opportunity to use your world-class leadership skills to play a key role in effectively improving the lives of children and families of the Philippines
World Vision International (WVI) is a Christian relief and development organization dedicated to helping children and their communities worldwide reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty. World Vision helps transform the lives of the world's poorest children and families in nearly 100 countries. Our nonprofit work extends assistance to all people, regardless of their religious beliefs, gender, race, or ethnic background.
The National Director for World Vision Development Foundation (WV-Philippines) will lead, direct, develop, and manage the implementation of all aspects of World Vision’s ministry in the Philippines as an effective member of the World Vision International Global Partnership, and to ensure there is high impact, cost effective, quality ministry with the highest levels of accountability according to the relevant policies, protocols and standards of World Vision.
We are looking for a visionary leader who can combine strong business disciplines with inspirational leadership skills in line with our Christian values and ethos. You will have a passionate desire to help others, especially children.
- Lead the development and execution of the country strategy through programme approaches and operating plans with clear, measurable short-term and long-term targets; ensure country strategy is aligned with Regional and Global Centre strategic priorities
- Engage key stakeholders nationally and at the global partnership in the understanding and execution of the country strategy
- Develop and maintain capacity to respond to natural and man-made emergencies in partnership with local and international governments and other partners (including NGOs, INGOs, etc.)
- Capitalize the gains of the past to enhance current and future ministry directions and bring the ministry to a higher level in terms of marketing, programme innovations, scaling up of programmes, engagement of public and partnering/partnerships
- Ensure that the National Office functions in a contextualized, complementary, sensitive and cohesive manner where the core values, principles of interdependence and twin citizenship enhance the relevance of WV Philippines ministry and its distinct contribution to national development as well as guide the contribution it makes to the Partnership and the use of WV Partnership resources
- Manage overall financial integrity of the programmes to WV offices, sponsors and donors, the government and other partners and stakeholders
- Build strong rapport with Board members and the WVDF Leadership Team
- Demonstrate the ability to engage and advocate with Philippine government leaders and legislators at the national and local levels on policy making and implementation of laws to address issues of poverty and children’s concerns in the country
- Lead the development and implementation of a Disaster Management and Disaster Risk Reduction national strategy
- Will have excellent understanding of microfinance institutions (MFIs) management and operations
REQUIRED SKILLS INCLUDE:
- Candidate must be intimately familiar with the cultural and socio-economic realities of the Philippines
- At least 10 years of senior leadership including experience at the Country Director or higher leadership level of a large international NGO with ministries/services similar to WVDF (e.g.: child sponsorship, rural and urban development, micro-enterprise) OR Experience in the corporate world as CEO of a complex multi-national organization or an organization with an international focus
- Being a leader as defined above of a complex organization, business or department with annual budget of $10M USD and staff over 200
- Has strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures particularly in Philippine context
- Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree strongly preferred
Will you use your leadership skills to further “life in all its fullness” for children?