Post title: Senior Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Senior Specialist, Country Co-financing
Duty station: Geneva
Date issued: 25 June 2012
Closing date: 15 July 2012
Apply for this post using this email address: email@example.com
Key results expected:
- Efficient day-to-day programme, administrative and secretarial support to the Immunization Financing and Health Systems Strengthening teams;
- Ensure an improved level of communication within the internal & external partners.
Main duties/ Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks and generally supports the work of the Immunization Financing and Health Systems Strengthening staff, with daily operational aspects overseen;
- Screen incoming correspondence and prepare routine correspondence accordingly: respond to queries internally and externally from a wide variety of sources and levels of contacts involving sensitive and complex issues;
- Prepare presentations;
- Provide support (logistics and catering) in the organisation of events, meetings;
- Organise teleconferences and meetings according to GAVI IT systems and policies;
- Conduct research as requested;
- Coordinate work with the Country Programmes Department;
- Organise and maintain electronic filing system on Immunization Financing and Health Systems Strengthening;
TRAVEL AND LOGISTICS
- Raise travel requests in GAVI Travel Management System in compliance with GAVI Travel policy;
- Process claims in compliance with GAVI Travel policy.
- Support with contracts and ensure follow up in compliance with GAVI Procurement policy;
- Liaise with the Operations and Legal teams to finalise contracts;
- Raise vendor forms, events forms and purchase requisitions in GAVI Procurement System.
- Process invoices, expenses claims and monitor payments/reimbursements;
- Coordination of payments with the Finance team.
DATA BASE COORDINATION
- Support Co-financing and Health System Officers and IT team with requirements for the GAVI database.
Other duties as assigned.
Note: The essential functions listed in this section are not limited only to the tasks listed and may include other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field or at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience; including experience in dealing with international organizations, preferably in a multilateral organization.
- Strong organisational and coordination skills;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality, accurate work within tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team, establish harmonious and effective working relationships in a multi-cultural environment;
- Conversant with technology: excellent Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other Microsoft Office programme skills;
- Ability to prioritise, to multitask and take initiative;
- Attention to detail;
- Good interpersonal and listening skills;
- Remain calm under high pressure;
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills in English and French.
- Written and spoken fluency in English and in French.
If you wish to apply, please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date and mention, “Senior Administrative Assistant, Country Grants and Renewal” in the subject line of the email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
GAVI is committed to diversity within its workforce and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.