Cogent Communications is a multinational, Tier 1 facilities-based ISP, consistently ranked as one of the top five networks in the world and is publicly traded on the NASDAQ Stock Market under the ticker symbol CCOI. Cogent specializes in providing businesses with high speed Internet access and point-to-point transport services. Cogent's facilities-based, all-optical IP network backbone provides IP services in over 175 markets globally. Since its inception, Cogent has unleashed the benefits of IP technology, building one of the largest and highest capacity IP networks in the world. This network enables Cogent to offer large bandwidth connections at highly competitive prices. Cogent also offers superior customer support by virtue of its end-to-end control of service delivery and network monitoring. Cogent offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package that takes effect within 30 days of employment. Matching 401k and stock options are also included.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter to join our Sales Operations and Support team in a newly created Contracts Administrator role. This individual is responsible for launching a new, centralized, and standardized contracts program in support of a 300-person sales team. The Contracts Administrator (CA) will research viable commercial and government opportunities and assess the feasibility of the requirements therein. CA must be able to recommend which RFPs and RFQs should be pursued based on clear, logical reasoning. CA will draft proposals with accurate, concise, fluid responses and ensure strict adherence to RFP or RFQ requirements. CA will maintain the contract file management system to track opportunities and success rates. CA will analyze market specific success rates to recommend price adjustments where necessary
- 4-year college degree with a minimum 2 – 3- years of experience working with contracts.
- Familiarity with government contracting and RFP processes.
- Experience in the telecommunications industry is highly desirable.
- Experience with tracking, maintaining and analyzing data.
- Strong PC skills with proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Strong proofreading, editing and writing ability.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Detailed-oriented with excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and thrive in fast-faced environment.
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment.
This position is located at Cogent's Washington, DC Headquarters. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Cogent Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contracts Administrator / Proposal Writer