Freshwater Action Network South Asia (FANSA)
Working for the right to water and sanitation by strengthening civil society in South Asia
Modern Architects for Rural India (MARI)
FANSA seeks a motivated and experienced self-starter to coordinate the growth and development of this vibrant network and carry out functions with the support and guidance of the Convenor and Steering Committee.
1. Job Title: Regional Coordinator (FANSA)
2. Base Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, INDIA
3. Work unit: FANSA-SECRETARIAT, HYDERABAD
4. Reports to: Convenor – FANSA, Regional Steering Committee
5. Term of appointment: Initially for a period of 11 months, further extension subject to funding status of the organization
6. Salary scale: Upto INR 85,000 per month (dependent on incumbent’s background, professional skills and experience)
7. Job purpose:
The post-holder will be a full-time employee of FANSA, working in a small team at Modern Architects for Rural India (MARI), which currently hosts the FANSA Secretariat. The Coordinator will work to strengthen FANSA as a collective platform of civil society organizations and would be responsible for planning and coordinating the advocacy actions, internal and external communications, fundraising, reporting and documentation in addition to sharing the responsibilities of members’ capacity building and managing the contracts signed by MARI-FANSA.
A. Advocacy action
C. Fund Raising and Project Management
D. FANSA–Network development
E. Capacity Building
F. Other organization responsibilities:
G. Key relations:
H. Qualifications & experience
- Post graduate, preferably in social sciences, social work, development studies or any other discipline.
- Understanding of why and how civil society can engage in policy decision making to ensure that within the context of managing water resources well, the poor gain access to affordable and sustainable water and sanitation services.
- Understanding of the significance of water and sanitation issues for achieving health, economic & social development.
- Excellent communication skills in English – written and spoken.
- Computer skills, including internet search, website management, list-serves, e-bulletins and experience of using social networking for communications. Proficiency in MS Office suite required for day-to-day activities.
- Proven record of successful fundraising from institutional donors and building and maintaining strong relationships with donors.
- Experience in contract management, donor reporting and writing funding proposals.
- Proven organisational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and work to deadlines.
- Strong social and networking skills.
- Self-motivated and good problem solving skills.
- Demonstrable leadership skills.
- Knowledge of policy and decision-making by governments, bi-lateral / multi-lateral donors, financial institutions.
- Knowledge of the rights-based approach to development.
- Knowledge of policy research and analysis methodologies.
- Experience of working with CSO networks at international or atleast regional level.
- Demonstrate responsibility for senior-level organizational representation, negotiation and advocacy.
- Proven experience in organising training and advocacy workshops.
Interested candidates are requested to send in their current CV with a Covering Letter (strictly no more than 2 pages of A4-size paper) outlining their suitability for the post to email@example.com with “Application for Regional Coordinator” in the subject line latest by 18:00 hours (IST), Friday, July 13, 2012.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday, July 25, 2012 in Hyderabad, India.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that you will need to have the right to work in the base location. We will not be able to apply for a work permit for you. However, you will have the letter of employment from us with which you will have to take the initiative for the necessary legal formalities.
Date of commencement of work will ideally be as soon as possible.
For more information on FANSA, visit www.fansasia.net
Qualified women candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Orientation of the selected candidate and induction will be from August 06-10, 2012, in present base location of work – Hyderabad, India.
Governance/Anti-Corruption Expert, MCC Tunisia - *Background:* Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. We provide a full range of innovative p...
11 hours ago