Waseda Institute for Advanced Study
- with affiliation to Waseda Institute for Advanced Study
The Waseda Institute for Advanced Study was established in September 2006 to enable fixed-term faculty to focus on research activities in a rich research environment. Around 40 researchers have been working on advanced researches in a wide range of themes and with no limitation as to field of study. The Institute is currently recruiting researchers for FY2013 as Assistant professor or Associate professor position detailed below.
Fields corresponding to Natural Science
Assistant Professor or Associate Professor (without tenure)
Period of Appointment
Three years from date of recruitment
In principle, it will start from April 1, 2013.
- Persons with a doctorate. It is desirable for the doctorate to have been obtained within 10 years of April 1, 2013.
- Persons who expect to obtain a doctorate by April 1, 2013.
- Persons with scholarly attainment equivalent to persons who have obtained a doctorate (persons who have a completed the full term of a doctoral course etc.) as of April 1, 2013, and who have research experience at a research institution.
The Institute seeks to broadly recruit researchers who will undertake highly creative research themes that have the potential to identify issues for the future, and carve out new fields of study in the areas of Natural Science.
- The duties at Waseda University will be the sole duties of the researcher.
- Place of Work: Waseda University, Tokyo Japan.
- Other working conditions will be in accordance with regulations of Waseda University.
A salary will be paid in accordance with regulations concerning payment of salary of Waseda University.
Complete Online Registration Form on the website (refer to stated URL below), and submit the application documents specified in the next item through use of the Online Registration Form via Apply Online below. When the registration is successfully completed, a confirmation message will be sent to the e-mail address provided to us. Please note that the application documents specified below cannot be accepted by e-mail, post or any other procedure than submitting through use of the Online Registration Form.
Curriculum Vitae, Research Plan (Please use the specified form.)
(1) First selection stage (document screening)
- Applicants will be notified of selection results by e-mail mid August.
(2) Second selection stage (document screening)
- Applicants who pass the first stage should submit their principal research achievements (three or fewer, with five copies of each) and Letters of recommendation (optional) by the end of August.
(3) Third selection stage (interview)
Late October 2012 (tentative)
- Applicants who pass the second stage will be notified of further information by one week before the interview date.
- Travel expenses to the interview (Waseda Campus, Waseda University) are to be borne by the applicant.
(4) Notification of Results
December 2012 (tentative)
Deadline for Application
11 July 2012 (Wednesday), 17:00 (Japan time)
*Submission of application documents through use of the Online Registration Form must be completed by this date.
For further details, online registration and specified forms can be available from our website
Frequently Asked Questions are also available here
Please contact us through Online Inquiry form