Function: Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Manager
Reporting to: External Affairs Director
Place of work: Baar, Switzerland (20% oversea)
The Trans Adriatic Pipeline (TAP) AG is a proposed pipeline project that aims to support Europe in its strategic goal of securing further gas supply. It is owned by the three energy companies EGL, Statoil and E.ON Ruhrgas.
For TAP’s headquarter in Baar we are looking to engage a CSR Manager in our External Affairs Depart-ment to develop the Company’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy, and in particular, the Social and Environmental Investment Programmes (SEIP) and Human Rights Impact Assessment (HRIA).
Main tasks and duties:
- Advise EA Director & TAP Management on relevant CSR issues, risks and develop recommend strategy and activities
- Develop and implement a ‘best in class’ CSR strategy for the Company together with the TSPs including Local Content and potential Human Rights projects, ensuring coordination with HQ in Baar, Country Managers, relevant discipline teams in TAP
- Develop a Social & Environmental Investment strategy and implement relevant projects in coor-dination with Country Managers – including coordination with relevant teams
- Develop a suitable monitoring system for all CSR, SEIP and HRIA that is compliant with interna-tional requirements
- Support, full compliance with CSR objectives of any related activities such as ESIA, stakeholder engagement and Land Easement
- Acquisition with the view to ensuring full compliance with EBRD Performance Requirements
- Ensure effective coordination together on all CSR issues with TAP Country Managers, TSPs and HQ Baar, relevant authorities, organisations and NGOs at national and international level. In par-ticular, ensure close cooperation with the stakeholder manager
- Develop, maintain and enhance TAP Management System and governing documents related to CSR activities
- Prepare, develop and implement a schedule of audits and reviews for TAPs CSR activities
- Support and cooperate with other TAP activities and disciplines as required including High level Permits such HGAs
- Use existing contacts and networks to arrange relevant meetings for the Company including preparation of briefing papers, minutes of meetings and position papers on CSR matters
- Produce regular (weekly and monthly) reports on progress relevant to External Affairs activities
- University degree or higher education
- Extensive experience (8 - 10 years) and proven track record in developing and implementing HRIA, CSR and SEI programmes capable of providing strategic direction and oversight in all three areas
- Direct experience in managing implementing development and HRIA programmes with international NGOs, multi-lateral development agencies, development banks or major corporations
- Thorough understanding of social and environmental development issues – ideally in the countries of Italy, Albania and Greece.
- Proven track record of engaging with NGOs (national and international), government bodies, think tanks, multi lateral agencies, etc in the field of development programmes and HRIAs.
- Proven track record of designing large scale and multi-country Social and Environmental Investment programmes
- Proven track record of implementing, monitoring and evaluating Social and Environmental Investment programmes
- Proven track record of ‘gearing-up’ funding with other IFIs and development banks and / or agencies (e.g. IFC, World Bank, ERD, EIB, UN agencies, etc)
- Experience of managing sub-contractors for the implementation of HRIA and Social and Environmental Investment programmes
- Experience of managing small teams in remote locations, ideally in Italy, Albania or Greece
- Expertise in Lobbying and communication strategies respectively (internal and external)
- Proficient in drafting policy position papers and policy analyses
- Experience in working in multinational environment
- Ability to perform tasks quickly and within tight timeframes
- Accuracy important when preparing and delivering briefing papers
- Good inter-personal relationships within a matrix organisation
- Strong preference for team work
- Fluent in business English (both written and spoken)
- Additional knowledge of German, Italian or Greek languages desirable
To apply please contact:
Human Resources: email@example.com
See TAP careers for more information.