Cogent Communications is a multinational, Tier 1 facilities-based ISP, consistently ranked as one of the top five networks in the world and is publicly traded on the NASDAQ Stock Market under the ticker symbol CCOI. Cogent specializes in providing businesses with high speed Internet access and point-to-point transport services. Cogent's facilities-based, all-optical IP network backbone provides IP services in over 175 markets globally. Since its inception, Cogent has unleashed the benefits of IP technology, building one of the largest and highest capacity IP networks in the world. This network enables Cogent to offer large bandwidth connections at highly competitive prices. Cogent also offers superior customer support by virtue of its end-to-end control of service delivery and network monitoring. Cogent offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package that takes effect within 30 days of employment. Matching 401k and stock options are also included.
- Keep abreast of current Network Abuse/Security vulnerabilities with regard to spam, denial of service attacks, latest viruses and exploits, and hacking.
- 85% Network Abuse/Security and 15% Operational Support. Assist with handling complaints according to written procedures.
- Resolve problems through escalation when appropriate.
- Interface with customers to resolve Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) issues as required.
- Track and monitor incoming complaints by opening a Remedy Ticket ensuring resolution.
- Conduct Risk Assessments for new customers.
- Advanced knowledge of the Internet, WWW, FTP, Telnet, Traceroute, Ping, Finger, Whois, nslookup, SMTP, NNTP and TCP/IP; as well as familiarity with UNIX and Windows XP.
- Strong working knowledge of BGP, DNS and Network Security Tools.
- Experience with the use of e-mail applications such as MS Outlook, familiar with Internet (Explorer, Mozillia Firefox).
- Experience in reading and identifying key components of e-mail and news headers, system logs and other data relevant to abuse and security incidents.
- Strong organizational and project management skills along with excellent written and verbal skills required.
To apply for the Network Abuse Engineer position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Cogent Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Network Abuse Engineer - 3rd Shift