PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide effective, transparent and legally compliant international staffing services to a designated group of hiring offices in the field operations focused on delivering quality ministry to the communities and children we seek to serve. This is accomplished through the forecasting, sourcing, screening, assessment and placement of executive, professional and technical personnel in a timely and cost effective manner. This will require a strong customer service orientation along with the ability to anticipate emerging organizational staffing trends and external market trends.
- Develop, build and maintain relationships with managers and People & Culture (P&C) staff in a designated group of hiring offices in order to fill all international vacancies in a timely manner.
- Build capacity of these staff to engage with International Staffing policies, procedures and systems, as required.
- Support hiring offices and regional offices in assessing international vacancy requirements/recruiting needs and developing recruitment strategies and plans for the coming fiscal year.
- Provide end-to-end process support to hiring office managers and P&C staff, to fill specific international vacancies.
- May provide direct consulting with management on employment procedures and assistance (e.g. interviewing techniques)
Candidate Sourcing & Screening
- Develop and maintain multiple channels and networks to build a deep, diverse, and reliable sourcing pool from a specified country or group of countries. Proactively identify and develop effective sourcing strategies (e.g. networking contacts, system queries/searches, religious institutions, College/Universities presentations)
- Develop, design and implement recruiting plan for assigned positions (e.g. advertisements, networking tools); write advertisements and job postings using WVI guidelines/templates.
- Maintain knowledge of and sensitivity to the constantly changing environment of the marketplace relative to the sourcing and recruitment of qualified professionals
- Work in close partnership with hiring managers to achieve service level agreements and recruitment objectives for assigned positions by verifying appropriate position requirement, budget and target source.
- Conduct effective screening, interviewing, and assessments for the best candidates for a position match.
- Develop, build and maintain candidate relationships through ongoing communications regarding questions, updates and status during the interview process.
Interviewing & Selection
- Provide regular updates to hiring managers on search progress.
- Shortlist candidates for assigned positions from own and other ISS sourcing pools and present candidate short-list to hiring managers
- Coordinate background screening (e.g. police, child protection, reference checks, etc.) for own short-listed candidates.
- Manage field interviews for short-listed candidates with appropriate hiring managers
- Capture and manage candidate interview results and selection decisions
- Provide feedback to candidates on interview results and selection decisions.
Offer, Feedback, Closing & Selling
- Negotiate offer with selected candidate within limits specified by hiring office
- Draw up and issue contract/offer letter for candidate.
- Initiate PAF paperwork based on candidate acceptance.
- Coordinate with International Staffing Administrator to ensure appropriate orientation/on-boarding support is provided to new hires.
Ongoing, Exit & Transfer Support
- Coordinate payroll administration with appropriate Support offices
- Manage/coordinate international staff relocation for International staff with contract length< 2 years
- Provide support to International HR for managing employee data in personnel files/HR data systems
- Conduct/coordinate exit debrief sessions
- Support staff and HR in process of relocating to new assignment (salary & benefits administration changes, logistics, Visa/travel arrangements)
- Workforce Planning & Needs Assessment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent of 5 years of on the job training in recruitment and or human resources management.
- Experience in recruitment of executive, professional and technical positions is required.
- Experience in international/global workforce in Africa context is essential. Working knowledge of Humanitarian NGO’s is desirable. Knowledge of relief contexts is desirable.
- Experience in forecasting of workforce/staffing needs preferred.
- Ability to manage all recruiting processes (applicant sourcing, resume screening, applicant assessment and interview, negotiating contracts). Targeted Selection certification or behavioural interviewing is a plus
- People management experience – this position will manage intern or International Staffing Administrator.
- Must be a team player, collaborator, and able to effectively network amongst all levels within and outside of the Partnership.
- Must have strong interpersonal, negotiation and oral/written communication skills. Ability to provide high-level customer service required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Possess cross-cultural sensitivity, knowledge of and ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated computer literacy to include experience in tracking recruitment outcomes/metrics. Working knowledge of applicant tracking systems such as RecruitSoft is a plus.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally if required.
- Ability to operate within a geographically dispersed organization
- Fluency in English:
- Second language (French or Portuguese) is added advantage but not a must
INTERNATIONAL STAFFING SPECIALIST - FIELD -- Location: South Africa