Title: Manager - Information Technology
Division/Department: Support Services
Reporting Relationship: Director - Support Services
The position is responsible for installing and maintaining computer hardware, software and networks for ChildFund India. Responsible for capacity building of staff. Make recommendations about future planning and resources in an effective and efficient manner. The position ensures compliance to ChildFund’s Information Technology (IT) Policies.
1. Manage information technology and computer systems in ChildFund India.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of information systems and electronic data processing (EDP) in line with the IO policy and guidelines
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems operations and development
- Meet with Functional managers/unit heads to discuss the IT needs of the business units, understand the process followed in various units and suggest process improvements including system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
- Hire and manage information systems personnel and contractors to design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems
- Control the computer systems budgets and expenditures
2. Ensure technology is accessible and equipped with current hardware and software across all the offices of ChildFund India
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and network operating system
- Oversee capacity building of existing and new staff on use of technology
- Provide recommendations about accessing information and support
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources
3. Monitor and maintain technology to ensure maximum access
- Troubleshoot all technology issues
- Maintain log and/or list of required repairs and maintenance
- Make recommendations about purchase of technology resources
- Research current and potential resources and services
- Ensure installation of hardware, software and network applications
- Provide, install and maintain network accounts and passwords as required
- Monitor security of all technology including input and maintenance IP addresses
- Advise staff of security breach and/or change in password or security status
- Ensure installation of lock out programs
- Identify and prepare hardware for disposal when appropriate and ensure secured disposal
- Ensure back-up, disaster recovery, and change management processes for IT systems
- Professional degree in IT such as MCA, B.E. etc.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in IT.
- Good knowledge of software and hardware and trouble shooting.
- Updated on latest technogies
- Results orientation
- Analytical skills
- Planning & facilitation skills
- Strong communication skills (oral & written)
- Graduate or Post-graduate degree in IT /MCA/B.E.
Please send your profile to