Reporting to the Consul General , Phil Scanlan, the Director-Global Affairs and Strategic Communications is responsible for providing strong leadership to develop and implement strategies and programs across a broad range of global issues, prepare reports for the Consul General and manage public relations through the media and public events for the Australian government and Consulate General in New York.
For a full description and selection criteria, please visithttp://www.newyork.usa.embassy.gov.au/nycg/joblisting.html
1. Must be a leader -ability to create new space to advance the national interests of Australia.
2. Track record of combining innovative, strategic thinking with operational excellence.
3. Knowledge of local and international economic, financial and political issues of potential interest to the office of the Australian Consulate General in New York.
4. Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
5. A team player.
6. An understanding of Australian society will be valued.
Applications should include:
- the attached Job Application cover sheet
- the attached Employment and Qualification Background sheet
- a statement addressing the Selection Criteria (maximum three pages)