UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) is the United Kingdom government’s international trade promotion and business development agency.
As part of a small UKTI team you will provide advice and support to UK companies wishing to develop business in Belgium by:
- Front-line work alongside the Senior Trade Officer to carry out and deliver bespoke market research, including telephone interviews, arranging meeting programs and organizing business events in a wide range of sectors;
- Conduct market research to identify and promote business opportunities in Belgium for UK companies;
- Provide hands-on advice to UK companies and answer their enquiries;
- Provide administrative and office support to the trade team;
- Help organise seminars, trade missions and sector promotion events;
- Contribute to the organization of section and Embassy wide events.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills;
- Flexibility, a pro-active attitude and the ability to work in a team;
- Effective time management: able to handle the multiple priorities of the role within the agreed deadline;
- Good IT skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook);
- Fluent written and spoken English, working level knowledge of Dutch and/or French.
- Experience of dealing with business in an international context;
- Strong on-line research skills;
- Experience in organising events.
Gross monthly salary: €914.44
Applications with a full CV and cover letter in English should be sent to the Recruitment Officer, Corporate Services Benelux British Embassy, Avenue d’Auderghem 10 B- 1040 Brussels or email@example.com by Monday 15 October 2012. If applying by email, you should include your full name in the message title and your email and attachments must not exceed 300kB in size.
We expect to hold interviews shortly after the closing date with a view to the successful applicant starting work in November 2012, subject to vetting, references and administrative processes.
Please note that, due to the large volume of applications we receive, only those applicants called for interview will be contacted.
The British Missions in Brussels are an equal opportunities employer. Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified applicants regardless of age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability. We aim to reflect the diversity of society.