The Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S) is seeking a highly motivated intern to work with our Americas Department.
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. Through more than 90 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
Main function: Assisting the Regional Director in key logistical and operational functions of the Americas Department
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: 6 months, full time
Remuneration: EUR 400 (according to the German labour and social security law)
Location: Berlin, Germany
- Providing support for workshops and meetings, such as various regional conferences bringing together national chapters and contacts in the Americas region, including budgeting and logistics;
- Assisting in the communications work of the Americas Department;
- Assisting and supporting the Americas Department with programme and project implementation and various daily operating tasks as needed;
- Preparing meeting reports;
- Interns are also encouraged to undertake a personal project.
Knowledge, experience, interests and skills:
- Excellent Spanish and English (spoken and written) is essential;
- Experience with event-management;
- Academic background in international relations and political science (or other relevant fields);
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge of the Americas region;
- Strong communications and organisational skills;
- Strong intercultural skills;
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and team spirit, with the ability to work effectively in an international work environment;
- Adaptable and flexible personality, able to handle multiple tasks and workloads, ability to prioritise own work;
- Experience in office work;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office;
- Experience with MS SharePoint is an advantage.
How to apply
To apply for this internship please send a maximum one page cover letter and a maximum two page CV, preferably by email, to
The closing date for applications is 29 April 2012.
Kindly note that a valid work permit for Germany is required and that interns must take out their own health insurance before starting the internship. Persons already registered as residents in Germany must submit a new Tax Identification Number. Students of the German universities must submit a confirmation of enrolment.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this internship. Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Transparency International is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about Transparency International visit our website at www.transparency.org. For more information on internships please see the TI Internship Guidelines posted at: http://www.transparency.org/contact_us/work