FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Research Associate II in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Schedule and conduct laboratory audits and assessments in compliance with international standards, specifically GCLP. Such audits to be conducted in Africa and South/Latin America and other locations as needed of general, TB, PBMC, HIV and other types of laboratories.
- Prepare written communications to laboratories to schedule audits in compliance with funder’s policies and procedures.
- Prepare written reports and other communications relating to audits within the timeframe and format required by the project.
- Provide thorough review for audit reports conducted by fellow FHI 360 laboratory specialists.
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of trainings to laboratory staff (including general laboratory technician training and laboratory supervisor training) and training-related services.
- Provide technical assistance to laboratories and others as needed and requested as part of overall capacity building and continuous improvement efforts.
- Mentor other FHI 360 laboratory staff in the procedures and functions of project-specific GCLP audit procedures.
- Provide additional laboratory support services per project-specific requests.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Degree in biological science or laboratory sciences within a clinical or diagnostic discipline or Higher National Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology or equivalent. At least five (5) years related work experience within a clinical or research laboratory including experience with laboratory audit, quality control and quality assurance systems and implementation. Proven ability and aptitude to conduct detailed laboratory audits and to perform quality assurance assessments against accepted national and international standards and GCLP requirements. Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills. Experience with conducting US government-contracted GCLP audits is desirable. Ability to travel within Africa and Latin/South America for up to 75% of the time.
In-depth knowledge and practical experience conducting laboratory audits is required. Proven capability and direct experience in clinical and research laboratory functions and services, including in resource-constrained settings. Substantial experience in Laboratory audits. Excellent attention to detail. Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly diplomacy. Good in both written and spoken English and report writing.
Direct experience developing and delivering trainings in laboratory sciences.
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may register online through FHI 360's Career Center at www.fhi360.org/careercenter or through the Employment section atwww.fhi360.org. Please submit CV/resume and cover letter including salary requirements. Please specify source in your application.