The International Academic Programmes Office is seeking to make an appointment to this permanent post as soon as possible.
The main purpose of this position is to provide strategic and academic direction to UCT’s internationalisation initiatives including strategies for maintaining international partnerships. In addition, the Director will provide leadership and facilitate integration of IAPO activities into the academic, administrative and support functions of UCT and ensure alignment with UCT’s strategic objectives; and to promote understanding of internationalisation at all levels of the university community.
· A PhD
· 10 years’ working experience in a higher education context with +/- 5 years’ of these involving international collaboration.
· Senior management and leadership experience
· Experience of working across multiple and diverse communities
· Ability to formulate and manage policy processes in a complex and dynamic work environment
· Effective communication skills.
· Experience in developing stakeholder relationships
· Flexible availability to travel
· Development of policy and strategy, and execution of the University’s internationalisation policy
· Managing IAPO’s operations and resources
· Managing stakeholder relationships and partnerships within and beyond the University
· Keeping the institution informed of trends and developments in international education
The annual cost of employment, including benefits, is negotiable.
To apply, please e-mail the completed UCT Application form and all other relevant documentation as indicated on the form, with the subject line Director: International Academic Programmes Office” followed by the reference number to Ms Edith Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org, Staff Recruitment and Selection, University of Cape Town, Rondebosch, 7700.
Telephone: +27 21 650 5404; Website: http://www.uct.ac.za/about/iapo/overview/welcome/
The application form can be downloaded at http://web.uct.ac.za/depts/sapweb/forms/hr201.doc.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Reference number for this position: SR339/12
Closing date for applications: 30th July 2012
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at http://hr.uct.ac.za/policies/ee.php.