The Secretariat seeks a suitably qualified and experienced person to fill the position of Regional Governance Adviser. The Adviser will be accountable to the Director, Political Governance and Security Programme for:
• Supporting Oversight and Integrity Institutions;
• Enhancing Good Governance Mechanisms;
• Supporting Participatory Democracy, Consultative Decision-making and Electoral Processes; and
• Partnerships for Good Governance Initiatives
Applicants should have a post-graduate degree in the social sciences in one or more of the following fields: politics, economics, sociology, administration etc and with extensive relevant work experience with policy advice and coordination preferably in the regional context.
Applicants with sound knowledge of and experience with Pacific institutions, processes and issues (development, economic, social and political) would have an advantage.
The appointment will carry a competitive remuneration and benefits package including medical and life insurance. The salary will be in the range of SDR32,002 to SDR48,002 per annum. At the 1 March 2012 exchange rate this salary range was equivalent to FJD86,797 to FJD130,193.
For non-Fijian nationals, this salary may be tax-free. Interested applicants are encouraged to download an information package containing the job description and remuneration details at:
To be eligible for this position, the applicant must be a national of a Forum member country.*
Applications should be addressed to the Secretary General, Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat, Private Mail Bag, Suva and can be sent electronically to email@example.com . Applications should be received by close of business on Friday 27 April, 2012.
The Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages both men and women to apply.
* Member States of the Pacific Islands Forum: Australia, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu.
Governance/Anti-Corruption Expert, MCC Tunisia - *Background:* Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. We provide a full range of innovative p...
23 hours ago