ActionAid International is an international organisation, working with over 25 million people in more than 40 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice. ActionAid International Myanmar (AAIM) started its operation in 2006. Working through youth capacity building programmes and in partnership with local NGOs, AAIM focus on participatory community development including livelihood, health and education, women’s right, governance, food security, psychosocial support, and Disaster Risk Reduction.
In 2012, AAIM and its consortium partners have initiated a comprehensive Disaster Risk Reduction and Humanitarian
Assistance Programme to ensure consolidation of development efforts of various actors for synergy and effectiveness from local to national level. These six partners, with support from European Commission Directorate General for Humanitarian Aid – DIPECHO are implementing a 16 months disaster risk reduction project in Myanmar towards “Safer Coastal and Urban Communities through Disaster Risk Reduction in Myanmar.
Major roles of the position are:
• In cooperation and coordination with consortium members, ensures effective implementation of the project according to the approved project proposal compliance with the rules and regulations of ECHO
• Ensures monitoring of project activities at national and field levels and oversee compiled reports submitted by consortium partners
• Facilitates an effective coordination and collaboration between and among the consortium members and ensure documentation of the project activities and desired impact
• Explores the scope for possible partnerships, on a regular basis, between the consortium and various governmental and non-governmental organizations for effective implementation enhanced sustainability of the project.
• Leads the consortium and manages the consortium secretariat and its team overseeing the project operation in coordination with all consortium members and other stakeholders.
A Masters degree in relevant field or at least 6 to 8 years senior level development sector management experiences, out of which 5-6 years should be on DRR. Sound technical knowledge of DRR and Effective Emergency Preparedness at an international level would be an advantage. Good understanding and/or experience of working with an ECHO or EC funded project. International work experience and that of managing diverse teams, working with consortiums projects is desirable. The candidate should demonstrate proven leadership skills, effective coordination and communication ability in a multicultural setting. The applicant should be fluent in English and knowledge of local languages and prior working experiences in Myanmar will be an added advantage.
Further information relating to this position can be obtained from our website at www.actionaid.org/jobs
Applications should be sent with your CV, motivation cover letter and two names of your nominated referees to: email@example.com by no later than the 11th of June 2012. Please clearly indicate which position you are applying for. We respect all candidates but we can only respond to shortlisted candidates.
Although all applications will be considered on their individual merit, suitably qualified women are especially encouraged to apply.
UN WOMEN: COORDINATION AND PLANNING SPECIALIST (READVERTISEMENT) - The UN Women (UNW), grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination agains...
26 minutes ago