Join CIFOR and make a difference!
Human Resources Operations Manager
Human Resources Office
Human Resources Office
Bogor, Indonesia (Vacancy Ref.1226
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) advances human wellbeing, environmental conservation and equity by conducting research to inform policies and practices that affect forests in developing countries. We are one of 15 Centres within the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, and we have offices in Asia, Africa and South America.
We are looking for people who share our mission and our commitment to professionalism, innovation, impact and collaboration. We are a growing organisation and currently have an exciting job opportunity as a Human Resources Operations Manager.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the leadership of the HR Director, the HR Operations Manager will coordinate the overall operations of HR Unit in order to provide pro-active, results-oriented HR service to the organization. The HR Operations Manager will contribute to the development of new, and improvement of existing, HR policies, systems and practices. The HR Operations Manager is expected to:
1. assist the Director in developing, reviewing and updating the HR Strategy and the HR Management policies, systems and practices
2. in coordination with the other HR professionals, assists the Director in the planning, development, and management of the human resources functions which include:
a. HR Strategy, design and implementation
b. Staffing and Contract Management
c. Compensation Management
d. HR Information Systems
e. Personnel administration
3. carry out other relevant task/project as required by, and mutually agreed with, the Director of Human Resources.
Further details of the position are posted on CIFOR’s website at
Education, experience and technical skills
· A Master’s degree or equivalent, in human resources management, business administration or related studies and at least seven years experience in any two specialized fields of HR management, such as recruitment, contracts management, compensation and benefits administration, policy formulation, HR information systems development;
· Extensive human resources knowledge, with experience in change management;
· Demonstrated track record in implementing and enhancing human resources policies, systems and practices, and in finding creative solutions to human resources issues;
· Familiarity with recent trends and awareness of technological advancements relating to HR information systems development;
· Fluent in both spoken and written English.
Personal competencies and attributes:
· A team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people at all levels in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment;
· Values the sharing of information and continuous improvement in a cooperative atmosphere of constructive evaluation and learning, and is committed to staff’s development;
· Has a sound analytical ability and good judgment;
· Has excellent internal consulting and facilitating skills, and has proven diplomatic, deal-making and influencing skills.
Terms and conditions
· This is an internationally recruited position. CIFOR offers a competitive remuneration commensurate with skills and experience.
· The appointment will be for 3 years, including a standard one-year probationary period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of this position and available resources.
· The application deadline is 20 July 2012.
· We will acknowledge all applications, but we will contact only short-listed candidates.
Please send your letter of interest and CV, including contact information for three referees to:
Human Resources Department, CIFOR email@example.com
Please indicate the position and its reference number in the email subject line.
To learn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at http://www.cifor.org.
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.