The American Red Cross International Services Department (ISD) seeks to prevent and alleviate human suffering around the world by responding to disasters, building safer, more resilient communities, and educating future humanitarians. In the coming years the American Red Cross will deepen and expand its programming around the world while also working to strengthen the global Red Cross Red Crescent network, in order to deliver vital help and hope to some of the most vulnerable communities.
The American Red Cross International Services Department seeks an experienced Information Reporting & Communication Delegate to support the recovery operations of the Haiti Assistance Program. This includes a variety of responsibilities related to internal and external communications including communications with beneficiary communities.
This is a full time position for a minimum of 366 days with the possibility of extension. This is an unaccompanied post.
The Information Reporting & Communication Delegate will provide reporting, analysis and communications support to the American Red Cross delegation in Port au Prince, Haiti. The position will report directly to the Quality and Learning Delegate, with a technical line to the Information Management/Reporting and Communications Units at American Red Cross headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Specific responsibilities related to Information and Reporting include:
- Maintain appropriate field delegation reporting and information management systems for the Haiti Assistance Program. Support the consolidation of project level reporting and production of regular and special reports for various audiences.
- Assist with the information and communications needs of other field delegates and the American Red Cross Country Representative, as requested.
- Work with Quality & Learning Unit to verify program data, expand the data collection and reporting capacity of national and partner staff, and document and disseminate organizational learning.
- Represent the American Red Cross at information management and reporting working groups in Haiti.
Specific responsibilities related to Beneficiary Communications include:
- Help ensure proper communication with beneficiaries and program stakeholders, including ensuring two-way beneficiary communications and accountability, and understanding roles and responsibilities at every stage of the program cycle.
- Assist in implementing and further developing beneficiary communications guidelines.
Specific responsibilities related to External Communications include:
• Respond to local media inquiries and reach out to Haitian media (in collaboration with the Haitian Red Cross) to provide updates on programs.
Support the production of various communication materials, such as press releases, online stories, photos and videos.
Serve as a liaison and source of on-the-ground information for NHQ communications team, external stakeholders and influencers. (e.g., representing American Red Cross at meetings/ events, serving as the in-country coordinator of logistics for donor visits to Haiti, and advising American Red Cross headquarters about issues that have a potential impact on our image, visibility or brand in the US or Haiti).
- BA/BS in international affairs, international development, communications, or related fields. Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years relevant experience required, including time spent working in a developing country.
- Strong understanding of data collection, management and analysis, as well as a basic familiarity with monitoring and evaluation tools and principles.
- Experience with strategic planning helpful; experience with work plan development required.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to identify gaps and take the initiative to address them.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills, as well as proven interpersonal skills and diplomacy.
- Must be comfortable using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and conducting desk research. Solid skills in basic desktop publishing and familiarity with databases necessary.
- Must be fluent in English; Creole and/or French highly desirable.
- Familiarity with the American Red Cross and/or the global Red Cross network is helpful.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Apply online at:
PLEASE USE REQUSTION: NHQ23402